The First Single I Bought Was ,,,

Had to google that one I’m afraid…too busy singing ‘Little ole wine drinker me’ when I used to go dancing was alwas the last record they played

I think you’ll smile if you youtube it , at least you can imagine a pre school kid attempting it LOL , he was a great singer though , love little ol wine drinker me, and “Rock and Roll waltz” Kay Starr

SMH - the Goombay Dance Band! Thought I was the only one, lol.

Never heard of them again mind after that one “hit”. Loved it at the time!

People don’t whistle anymore, remember whistling Jack Smith? Roger Whittaker? would anyone buy their records now? go and see ‘whistling’ in concert? LOL

I remember that Roger Whitaker was my fathers only music he liked I lost him whe I was eight, so, I have aaRoger Whittaker on my I pod, still sounds great after all these years Great memories, even though sad. Thanks

Ooh I have loved reading all the posts takes you back in time doesn’t it? My first single, sadly, was Jimmy Osmands ‘long haired lover from Liverpool’ …whyyyy???

Can’t remember what my first single was but I know I used to buy them in Boots (yes, Boots!) and they were 6s8d - so you could get exactly 3 singles for £1. An LP was about 35 bob (shillings) - that’s £1.75 in decimal money. Yes, I’m not far off 60!!

good old Roger Whittaker , no you don’t get the whistlers these days , or the yodelling Frank Ifields either ? , I’ve even got Osmond records , (not Jimmy) LOL , but woss the world coming to ? I suppose the new way of having a whistling concert is rap ? :0)

Ahh. So nice to read all these replies.

You’re right people don’t whistle anymore. A milkman who delivers in my area was disciplined for whistling while delivering milk early in the morning. How sad.

Shazzie xx

Mine was Dear Prudence by Siouxsie and the Banshees! Had almost forgotton about it until I read this thread.

Nice one!

JZ

I liked that one JZ. Ah. The memories!!

Shazzie xx

Mine was Je T’aime Moi Non Plus

Sorry I don’t know why that came out so big

XXXXXXX

Jaycie. You little devil!! That one was a bit naughty wasn’t it? Or am I thinking of another one? Lol!

Shazzie xx

Hi Shazzie, yes that is the one

xxxxxxx

Oooo errrr. You little terraway. I must have been too cause I knew which one you meant. Hahaha!!

Shazzie xx

Ah Sugar Sugar…Used to watch my ma & pa dancing round the living room to that one. Oh yeah, Mungo Jerry…In the Summertime!

‘Billy,don’t be a hero’

I have the goombay dance band ‘Seven Tears’ on my iphone right now - I’m proud to have it and so many people remember it.

What I do hang my head about was my first single was a Kids from Fame one. Just shoot me now!!!

JBK xx

bad moon rising?