IDS has resigned

YESSSSSSS

2 Likes

yay!!

So that’s the end of the PIP aids and appliances change.

What a flaming relief.

Obviously we still have George Osbourne and the rest of the bastards. But at least he’s gone and we have saved PIP for a hell of a lot of people.

I wonder how much money the whole ‘consultation’ over PIP aids and appliances has cost??

Sue

1 Like

He’s actually resigned because it sounds like he didn’t want the benefit cuts from the disabled to go ahead but was under pressure from George Osborne. I personally think that Cameron has somehow forced this resignation because IDS wanted to leave the EU and that doesn’t fit with Camerons wishes.

3 Likes

thought the same thing actually. and hard to say what will happen to the PIP changes with him gone :frowning: might get someone worse…if thats possible

I really don’t think the PIP thing will improve I’m afraid.

2 Likes

Great one less!!! I don’t think it will stop the pip cuts, we need to keep up the email’s to our MP’s & sign any campaigns we can to stop it. They only have eleven majority now…I hope many follow IDS!!!

1 Like

Hasn’t cut the Tory majority? He’s only resigned as a minister - and there are plenty to replace him! Like was said above this had VERY little to do with PIP or protecting disabled people. It has EVERYTHING to do with the referendum.

1 Like

[quote=“faula”]

thought the same thing actually. and hard to say what will happen to the PIP changes with him gone :frowning: might get someone worse…if thats possible

[/quote] Too true. You kill one cock roach and there are a hundred more still there.

[quote=“Ssssue”]

So that’s the end of the PIP aids and appliances change.

What a flaming relief.

Obviously we still have George Osbourne and the rest of the bastards. But at least he’s gone and we have saved PIP

[/quote] I wouldn’t be so sure about that.

1 Like

Sadly, the Tory Party isn’t exactly short of morally bankrupt people to replace him and suspect this is far from over.

3 Likes

Yes you’re right Boblatina he’s only resigned as the minister, still 12 majority. I think I got carried away with joy!!

I too got completely carried away. Just the thought of no more IDS made me so happy I hadn’t really considered the nest of vipers in its entirety.

Of course it’s not the end of any PIP problems.

(Saddened) Sue

Personally I don’t think it will go through Parliament, they won’t get the votes, Labour will not back them and neither will some of their party, it still won’t be easy, but we may have a chance, lets be positive, x x

1 Like

I take some heart from the public backlash against the PIP cuts. There is a great deal of compassion and decency out there; politicians should be embracing and directing it, rather than hoping they can get away with ignoring it.

That’s what is so sickening about the reporting of his resignation. He’s spinning his reason as being a protest about the changes to PIP and portraying himself as a hero who’s willing to sacrifice himself to defend disabled people. He obviously hopes everyone forgets his actions of the last 6 years. IMO he resigned as a way of embarrassing Cameron’s government ahead of the EU referendum.

4 Likes

WOW…yippee whippee woo woo and buckets of diddle! Yeeehaaa!!..IDS has resigned…perhaps we can have a human being in charge of the DWP…where’s my bottle of fizz?

God forbid the next one’s worse!
It was like having Chris Grayling in charge of prisons…incompetent barstool! Banning books! BOOK’s must be one of the things that keep prisoners sane…and we do want them coming out of prison sane don’t we?

Wee hee hee diddle diddle dum…aaah
Ya ha ha haaaaaa…YIPPEEEEEEE

​

The new head of DWP is Stephen Crabb MP - Secretary of State for Wales. Wonder what that will bring?

Any welsh people know of him ?

Paul

It is good news, which has got the government to realise that we may be a limping lot us disabled, but we won’t go away! We plough all our benefit money back into society, by employing carers, keeping the disabled goods industry going…and we know how expensive it is to buy their wares. Plus a million others things we spend our money on.

Boudica’s army unite!

Pollxx

A pro EU appointment and yes man for Gideon.