So IDS has resigned what to we think about this.

So the almighty Ian Duncan Smith has a conscience after all, (he claims that he didn’t know the better off tax payers would be gaining the same amount as the disabled would lose) and quoted the prime minister’s words that this would seem that ‘we’re not all in this together’, or is he just playing politics? Either way it’s shaken things up big time.

3 Likes

I really don’t buy the idea that IDS has suddenly become a great champion of the disabled, particularly since he spent years driving them to food banks, or worse. What’s far more likely is that he jumped before being pushed after the expected reshuffle, post EU referendum.

This move is typically vindictive and damages the pro EU Osborne, while putting anti EU Boris in pole position for the leadership. Horrible to see them tearing each other to bits, isn’t it?

8 Likes

I think just the same as Whammel

J x

3 Likes

Agree totally with Whammel.

Pam x

2 Likes

Thanks for the replies, I also agree with Whammel but can’t say that I’m not pleased that mssrs. Cameron and Osbourne have come out of this debacle looking like the bad guys.

2 Likes

I agree, I’m also pleased that the fact they’re cutting benefits to disabled people is now in the headlines rather than buried deep within the other cuts. I wish so much there was a way they could inject chronic illnesses such as ms, arthritis, emphysema or mnd into these politicians and make them live on our budgets with our symptoms and problems, on our budgets for at least 2 years.

Enough time for them to have to worry about the car / washing machine / boiler breaking down and needing replacement etc. I wonder then how they’d perceive the lives of the disabled. I’d bet you it wouldn’t be like the scroungers we’re now meant to feel like.

Rant over…

Cath x

2 Likes

Totally agree with you Cath. It’s sad that they don’t want to see things from another’s point of view. How’s that song go, ‘walk a mile in my shoes’. Or I should say, ’ wobble a few metres in my slippers.’

3 Likes

Totally agree with Whammel. Wrote to my MP (Bill Wiggin) to register my disgust…surprise suprise, no reply!

Nina x

4 Likes

Totally agree Whammel & Cath.

It’s like a Shakespeare play…Beware the ides of March!

Let them continue to stab each other in the back…we always knew they were nothing more than a bunch of posh thugs.

Pat xx

3 Likes

LOL I am astounded that that the tin man has found his heart I don’t think it will be long before Cameron goes whatever the outcome of the EU debacle. Crabb is just a fall guy to hold the helm until the next reshuffle.

Don

3 Likes

How nice to be in such agreeable company. Mind you, I will miss IDS urinating down my back and telling me it’s raining, but in a good way.

3 Likes

Have you ever looked at a fisherman’s bait box and watched the maggots all crawling and squirming all over each other? Everyone is trying to get to the top but none has any idea of why or where they are going. Then some become cannibalistic and some develop hand weapons…

The sun id shining in Crowborough today.

Steve.

2 Likes

Beware the IDS of March?

Hee hee.

3 Likes

Oh I do hope so.

1 Like

Agree with opinions already stated, I know there’s a lot of crooked stuff that politicians get up to and I’m not running to support IDS, he’s a tosser

Sonia x

2 Likes

Yup,nothing sticks in the craw more than watching a politician playing the ‘I love my country’ card.

Letter writer in The Times today thinks that 3.5m estimated disabled out of est population of 60 m is unbelievably high, and would like to know by what criteria people claim to be disabled! I think I’ll write in to enlighten him. I don’t think they’ll print all the gory details - or the expletives.

3 Likes

Whoever that Times writer is, ought to spend a day with us…

pollx

2 Likes

Well, I did write to The Times and they published it today - a bit altered and edited - so that’s him told, and anybody else reading it who thinks disabled people are basically on the scrounge!

4 Likes

Well done Lynda!!!

Pat xx

1 Like

Yes I applaud you Linda, there are still many people who do not get what life is like for people who aren’t fit and well.