So IDS has resigned what to we think about this.

Well done Lynda. I cringe when I think about the fact that I’ll never be able to work again and will end up on benefits permanently. I know they’re in place for those of us genuinely disabled but the stigma of all claimants being scroungers will never go away as there are people out there taking the p… and giving us a bad name. It’s very sad.

Cath x

Good for you Lynda

Pam x

Well done Lynda!

I did write to my mp the day after the cuts were announced but typically no reply!

Nina

1 Like

Shame on your MP! ours is the lovely Norman Lamb, LIb Dem, a great champion of mental health and disability - people should see how much the Lib Dems in coalition tried to reel the Tories in - no need now, with a majority, and we can see how much they are The Nasty Party - Teresa May’s phrase, not mine!

good coverage on TV today about the latest report on disability and inequality. We’ve all got to keep shouting!

1 Like

Talking about MPs ours is Tory and give him his due he has helped pwms and other disabled people in his constituency. (Backed them with their appeals) But we held our AM on Thursday before Duncan Smith resigned (he was our guest speaker) and didn’t seem to know very much about the cuts to PIP, he said it was just media hype. The next day when he realised what had happened he jumped up and down saying he would be voting with the back benchers.

Many of us signed the ms petition and from what I can understand, only people who do not have ms but who are known to him have received a reply, unless mine is in the post. (A little embarrassed I shouldn’t wonder).

Sorry LyndaT, I am a lapsed Lib Dem but I do understand how they reigned the tories in. I’m now a floating voter.

2 Likes

My MP is Tory and have to say he helped me get my PIP Assessment when it kept getting cancelled.

1 Like