For marmite fans

Yummy treat from tesco…oven baked cashews with marmite. Mmmm !! Xx

i’m glad i’ve seen this now tesco is closed :frowning: x

Ooh, now they sound good!! Thanks Sam x

They WERE lush…although one word of warning…my hand stinks of beefiness !!! Xx

vicky

its open to 10pm here-yes-on a Sun!

ellie x

Ooh Pat, never had marmite bagels…and what are marmite wafer thins ?

I have said this before - I will probably say it again …

Marmite toast topped with humous. Sheer indulgence.

Geoff

A word of advice to Marmite fans…

Don’t go to Denmark - Marmite is banned!

The Danes ban all food that is fortified. The idea is that you shouldn’t be adding essential vitamins and minerals to food, you should be eating a good diet in the first place. Which is fair enough really. If you’re thinking of taking Marmite with you to Denmark for your hols remember you’d be a smuggler!

I love Marmite :slight_smile:

Thanks, Pat. Not driving at the moment but hubby taking a day off on Thursday so I shall go !!

Have got the ricecakes but liking the idea of the flatbreads !!

You should all try marmitey eggy bread.

I’m not a marmite fan but my 15 year old daughter is and she loves it.

Yummy. That’s lunch sorted !!

Marmite spaghetti/pasta is good, my kid’s love it too. A big teaspoon of marmite, a knob of butter stirred through piping hot pasta of choice, and loads of grated cheese. Yummy and quick, and served with a big green salad or sliced tomatos, reasonably healthy…

Oh wow that sounds lush too…that’s tea sorted !!

Ok, My Marmite regular is any very seeded Vogel bread toasted them with real butter, a good spread of Marmite and a topping of really thick cut marmalade. :slight_smile: Paul

[quote=“Paul3”] Ok, My Marmite regular is any very seeded Vogel bread toasted them with real butter, a good spread of Marmite and a topping of really thick cut marmalade. :slight_smile: Paul [/quote] Urgh… Paul, really ?? You had me right up to the marmalade part !! Yuck !! Sorry !! Xx

Marmite roast potatoes anyone??

The link is on the Marmite facebook page this morning.

Tried to put the link on myself but couldn’t get it to work, sorry!!

I didn’t even know there was a page…onto it now though !! Thanks

I’m not a marmite fan but even I like the sound of marmite roasties.

Got it from the site: Recipes Marmite Roast Potatoes Serves 4 60 minutes, including preparation, parboiling and roasting time A simple variation on an old favourite – you’ll be amazed at how good these are! 675g/11⁄2lbs peeled potatoes 1 heaped tsp yeast extract (such as Marmite) Vegetable oil Preheat oven to 200ºC/400ºF/Gas Mark 6. Quarter potatoes and parboil in salted water for 7 minutes. Drain and return to pan with yeast extract. Hold a lid over pan and shake so potatoes are roughened and covered with yeast extract. Add enough oil to a roasting tin to cover the base. Add potatoes and turn in the oil. Roast in the oven for about 45 minutes until golden and crispy.