cannabidiol CBD

You could try the CBD Brothers Purple paste. You only need to use a tiny bit of it at a time - about the size of a grain of basmati rice is the guide l have used.

Contact them – they do offer samples.

I haven’t tried through my doctor, I suspect I will get the same result you did. I will be asking the MS nurse on my next appointment. I can’t really comment on CBD oil for your condition, other than I have read it helps anxiety. I use it as an anti-inflammatory. I would suggest buying a high strength like 10%, and adjust accordingly.

Cannabidiol (CBD) is one of the most prevalent chemical compounds in the cannabis plant. Unlike the more famous molecule, tetrahydrocannabinol (THC), CBD is completely nonpsychoactive.

Don’t expect to get “high” off of this organic chemical, however. CBD is all relaxation without intoxication.

While CBD still has an effect on your body, consuming CBD by itself isn’t going to send you on the cerebral adventure associated with THC. For decades, medical professionals and the general public overlooked CBD because psychoactive cannabis took center stage.

Now, the medical potential of CBD has taken cannabis to mainstream audiences. Preclinical trials over the past four decades have found that the cannabinoid shows promise as an:

anti-inflammatory
antioxidant
neuroprotectant
anxiolytic
antidepressant
analgesic
anti-tumoral agent
anti-psychotic
CBD is often used by patients in the form of an oil. Patients with more chronic conditions such as cancer and epilepsy often use medical cannabis oil extracted from high-CBD varieties of cannabis.

How does CBD work?
Most predominant inside the resin glands (trichomes) of the female cannabis plant, CBD is one of over 80 chemical compounds known as cannabinoids. Cannabinoids are agonists that bind to special receptors on your cells, called cannabinoid receptors.

Certain receptors are heavily concentrated in the central nervous system while others are found in almost every organ of the body. Cannabinoid receptors are even found in the skin, digestive tract, and even in the reproductive organs.

You can think of agonists as keys and cannabinoid receptors as locks. By consuming cannabis, you are taking in agonists that interact with different locks on cells in the body. Together, these cell receptors make up a larger endocannabinoid system (ECS).

The ECS is a vast network of cell receptor proteins with many functions. Some describe the ECS as the greatest neurotransmitter system in the body. It lends a hand in seemingly just about everything, including:

mood
memory
motor control
immune function
reproduction
pain perception
appetite
sleep
bone development
Four primary purposes of the ECS include neuroprotection, stress recovery, immune balance, and homeostatic regulation. The last one is a fancy way of referring to a system that creates optimum energy balance in the body.

Somehow, CBD seems to tap into this balancing system to produce its therapeutic effects. CBD is able to interact with cells in our bodies because the molecule has a similar composition to similar chemicals that the human body produces naturally, called endocannabinoids.

Endo means inside and cannabinoid refers to action on cannabinoid receptors. In contrast, the cannabinoids in the cannabis plant are technically called phytocannabinoids.

It’s not often that a plant compound can make headlines over and over again. However, CBD is a phytocannabinoid with some serious life-saving potential.

In fact, CBD has only gained mainstream attention quite recently, after the family of one brave little girl decided to throw caution to the wind and speak out about medical cannabis.[edited out link - Moderator]

Hi All, I just want to ask if anyone ever tried using medical cannabis as an alternative meds? I have read many articles about medical marijuana and how it can help you in terms of chronic pain, bone injuries, eating disorder/anorexia, anxiety disorders and panic attacks, inflammation, even cancer and a lot more. Like this article about a marijuana strain [removed by admin]
. Cbd and thc are also new to me and I don’t even smoke. If this is true I cant find any solid conclusive evidence that speaks to its efficacy. Any personal experience or testimonial would be highly appreciated. Thanks

I’m seeing a herbalist this Thursday who works with MS sufferers, to enquire about CBD oil.

If I’m honest theres just so much info on the net that it’s actually “info overload” as far as my brain is concerned.

1 Like

CBD Oils and supplements become more and more popular. Even if in the United Kingdom, we lack proper research, it is known that CBD really has effects. Check [removed by admin - contact author], a new website with a large gamma of CBD products and offers.

Started on CBD 2 days ago, tastes horrible and cost £60 for 10ml bottle.

I’ve also asked to be appraised for Sativex, so I’ll keep taking the CBD oil until I find out if I can try Sativex.

Also started on Hemp seed oil, this also tasted horrid.

So far I’m not feeling any effects, good or bad from the CBD or Hemp oil.

Early days yet I guess ?

When I tried Sativex, that tasted horrible too.

I don’t think there’s a way of ingesting non THC containing substances without them tasting vile.

Sue

Capsules ?

Just a thought ?

Hiya all, have just joined this forum and have ordered some CBD purple paste. Does anyone know if it’s okay to take Gabapentin as well or does one react against the other? Seeing MS Nurse next month but would like to start using the paste asap. Any other advice gratefully received!

Pregablin (very similar to Gabapentine), was part of my prescription that I had to show to the herbalist who put me on CBD oil, he said it was ok to take with the Pregablin, so I would guess its ok with Gabapentine ?

Can I ask why the paste ?

Is the paste regarded as better than the oil ?

I know the oil is expensive, I paid £59.99 for 10ml

Have been following the chat and Alun’s comments … plus seems good excuse to have chocolate as understand paste under the tongue and choc to melt in the mouth to take taste away! So answer is Alun & chocolate! Will try anything so maybe oil next if paste not good and just merrily scoff any left over chocolate!!

I buy my cbd products from cbd brothers. I take a blue edition capsule (100mg) morning and evening. I have the blue edition oil and the raw goodness chocolates for any breakthrough pain in between. This works perfectly for me and in doing so I have been able to stop taking 1200mg daily of ibuprofen and so far reduced my daily dose of gabapentin by 600mg. I hope to be able to get off it altogether and then quit cocodamol too. I’ve been taking too many pills for too long.

1 Like

Been on the CBD oil now for a week and cant feel any difference in symptoms what so ever.

I did initially feel a bit better in myself, not so down, but I think now that might of been a bit of wishful thinking ?

I take 5 drops onto a spoon then place the oil under the tongue 3 x daily, each dose (5 drops) apparently gives 25mg of pure CBD !

I’m not sure if I’m working out the dose correct because the 5 drops on the spoon look an absolutely tiny amount.

The version I bought was the 1000mg per 10ml bottle, £59.99

http://www.improve-me.co.uk/product/cannabis-cbd-oil/

For 3 days I’ve used a long grain rice size of 16.4% CBD paste on a small scrummy bit of dark chocolate “with hint of refreshing mint”. I also use Magnesium Oil sprayed onto my legs. I’ve used both 3 times a day. One or the other (or both) seem to work lessening my terrible leg pain. Getting advice about coming off Gabapentin which seemed to have no affect at all.

I was the same with Gabpentin & Pregablin.

Waiting to e assessed for Sativex.

Try using rice paper to measure your cbd oil onto. A small piece - measure the drops on and straight into your mouth under your tongue - this will dissolve.

1 Like

Mmmm, very good idea yes

Hello, I am not a sufferer of MS but am a science lecturer with a keen interest in cannabinoids and their effect on biochemistry. I am also a long time user of our green friend. My wife suffers from chronic generalised anxiety and neuropathic pain which led me to research and use these substances in the first place. The benefits of both CBD and THC cannot be understated and it is my firm belief that cannabis is only illegal to protect the enormous profits of the pharmaceutical industry (more profitable than the arms industry!!) and its shareholders, many of whom are in influential positions in or on government. After much trial and research the most effective “legal” CBD based product I could find was sold by a company called Dutch Natural Healing. They have concocted a method of increasing the absorption rate of CBD and other cannibinoids like CBG and CBN as the natural absorption rate is a quite poor percentage and varies in different people. I have tried this product as a person with no physical ailments and noticed a calmness and focus. The benefits of these substances for all people cannot be understated as I would presume anyone reading this would suspect. Dutch Natural Healing products are not cheap but are cheaper than CBD Brothers, highly concentrated, organic and very effective, particularly the “CBD active+” [link removed by moderator] product which has the claimed effective dosage of 40% CBD oil. They come in pump bottles which deliver a dose a pump. A friend of mine was suffering with stress related insomnia and this stuff got him back to normal. Alternatively, if you have the time and energy, look at Dinafem’s CBD medical plant range which contain 50/50 CBD to THC plants or pure CBD - they even have autoflower versions which are ready in 3-4 months. Hope this is helpful.

Just curious, but why is a balance of THC & CBD better than just pure 100% CBD on its own ?

I’m asking because I thought the the THC side of things was just to get the high sensation, and the CBD was to act on inflammation ect.

I did find a site that showed a list of about 6 cannabis plants that all were different strains giving various balance of TCH and CBD , but each were recommended for MS.

If I recall this was the recommended strains for MS

Charlottes Web, Harlequin , AC/DC, Sour Tsunami, Cannatonic.

Apparently the Cannatonic strain was reported as being almost identical in THC & CBD to Sativex (1:1), had best results for treating MS .