Your desert island luxury?

My dog too Dinks. Then he would keep me safe.

If any natives tried to attack me then Charlie would start his K9 Cops routine!!!

I would take hubby but he deserves a rest. Bless!!!

Shazzie xx

Oh yes Shazzie my dog would bark but then lick anyone to death before showing them where to find the family silver! My dear old boy always understands and reads my energy levels. Full of beans on my good days and quietly lying by my side on the not so good days. Being without a dog would send me into the depths of despair.

Exactly the same as Charlie Dinks.

They know when we are suffering don’t they?

What breed is yours?

Charlie is a shepherd. He is in my avatar. We had Bonnie, a mongrel, for 16 years and she was exactly the same. Very loyal. The only difference is Charlie is three times bigger than Bonnie was. A much bigger bite lol!

Shazzie x

Red wine and lots of it. And if I’m allowed more than one thing I would also take a kindle. I would prefer to take actual books with me as I really can’t get used to reading from a kindle but I suppose it isn’t practical to drag loads of heavy books with me so the kindle will have to do!!! Am I the only one who prefers real books to the digital version?

Agreed Shazzie my boy is the most intuitive friend I have. He is the softest most daft dog I have ever had. He is a black flatcoated retriever. He is the son of a much loved long gone dog of mine. Although a personality in his own right he has so many traits of his father. My chap still thinks he is the same size he was at 8 weeks and tries to sit on my lap. Bless him. So many people ask to stroke him when we are out and about and he just loves being the centre of attention.

Awww. He sounds lovely. We had a black labrador 15 years ago. She was adorable too.

Sorry for hijaking your post Pat. Once I get started on dogs that’s it.

Nice to chat with you Dinks.

Shazzie x

And you lot stop nicking my idea of solar panels. How else am I meant to trade of all the lovely stuff the rest of you bring if you nick my power source!!

JBK x

You can get some very long extension cables JBK!!! Lol!!! Might get a bit messy though.

Shazzie xx

I’m with sheperdess and dinks - I’ll be in the depths of despair without my dog, a massive stack of books and a wooly blanket to wrap myself up in at night time. i’m assuming we don’t need anything practical like an axe or matches??

I would take the NHS, because it’s clearly not safe with this Government.

Good idea Whammel. Someone needs to save it or we will all be in deep ****!

Shazzie xx

JBK - This will amuse you - l live in quite a rural village - and twice a year we have a group of ‘horse-drawn gypsies’ The two families here now - eat there way round the lanes - and have 14 coloured cobs - chickens and several dogs. AND - they have solar panels to charge up their lap-tops/mobile phones. They leave the verges all nicely trimmed - no rubbish [thats left by passing motorists] Their dogs are all loose - and keep on the verge - and are very friendly with mine when we pass. l go out every day on my Tramper scooter with my two rotties - and l am sure my dogs would like to ‘run off with the gypsies’ they love to play with their dogs - a GSD - Lurcher - Norwich Terrier - English Bull Terrier. l take plenty of dog biscuits - and have all the dogs sitting in a row to give them a treat. l also take all the windfall apples for the ponies - and runner beans/courgettes/ that we have a glut of at the moment for the gypsy folk. These are vegetarian. They were cooking onion bahjis one day when l past.

So l think l would like to have on my desert lsle - a gypsy caravan - complete with wood-burner - solar panel and my dogs.