What happens when your in the support group?

I had my medical in december, the Dr said i was unfit for work, but they put me in the wrag group, so i appealed.

Today i got a letter telling me im,e in the support group. Totaly shocked thought i would have to go to tribunal,on the paperwork is the usual breakdown of what there paying you,and there only paing the upgaided allowance from 19th of march, surly this should be from december when i had the medical, should i appeal this?

I had a work focus interveiw arranged for thursday this week, i just rang up and was told i still have to go to this and if i dont they will stop my money.

So im confused what happens when your in the support group, do i still have to go for interviews or what else do i have to do?

Can anyone clear this up for me Thanks

sorry anon but the workings of DWP make my poor neurons go haywire

it doesnt make sense that you have to attend interviews though. you could write back and ask why?

what about CAB?

carole x

I`d like to know the answer to this too.

It makes no sense.

luv Pollx

Hi

Get on to the phone to the DWP and ask for confirmation that you have been placed into the support group and that your file is up to date. There should be no reason for you to attend any WRAG interview once you are in the Support Group,query this as well just to be safe but I suspect you knew about your appeal success before the job centre did(and I think a lot of them enjoy telling you they can stop your benefit !!)

With regards to the money only being paid from March it may be the fact that your benefit payment starts from when the original decision was made by the DWP not the date of the medical.This date will be on the letter with the original decision on it,but again query this when you call them.

Hope this helps but if not Im sure others can advise as well.

Take care

Ricky

I’ve just been put in the support group and the letter says you have been placed in the support group, this means you do not have to take part in any work related activity, but you can volunteer to see a personal adviser if you want. It also states if you’ve been placed in support group a work focussed interview is an interview you can volunteer for, however if in WRAG you are required to attend. I would think as your interview was when you were in the WRAG group, but why don’t you call the number on your letter to confirm it, I don’t think you have to attend though not when I read through my letter.

Hi, I agree with Deanne. In support group you carry on getting your benefit and don’t have to attend any work groups or interviews.

I suppose it means you are being ‘supported’ because unable to work.

Glad you got into it… well done!

Pat x

[quote=“ricky170”]

Hi

Get on to the phone to the DWP and ask for confirmation that you have been placed into the support group and that your file is up to date. There should be no reason for you to attend any WRAG interview once you are in the Support Group,query this as well just to be safe but I suspect you knew about your appeal success before the job centre did(and I think a lot of them enjoy telling you they can stop your benefit !!)

With regards to the money only being paid from March it may be the fact that your benefit payment starts from when the original decision was made by the DWP not the date of the medical.This date will be on the letter with the original decision on it,but again query this when you call them.

Take care

Ricky

[/quote] i did phone them and was told i still had to attend the interview it dosnt make sence to me at all, i have had this appointment sitting for the last month,and only got conformation that im in the support group today so thats not the reason , well i will have to go and see what is said then

[quote=“ricky170”]

Hi

Take care

Ricky

[/quote] I did i phoned up when i got the letter but was told if i didnt attened to appointment they would sanction me

[quote=“Boudica”]

I`d like to know the answer to this too.

It makes no sense.

luv Pollx

[/quote] Thanks poll good luck with your,s hope all goes well for you

[quote=“Anonymous”]

[quote=ricky170]

Hi

Take care

Ricky

[/quote] i did phone them and was told i still had to attend the interview it dosnt make sence to me at all, i have had this appointment sitting for the last month,and only got conformation that im in the support group today so thats not the reason , well i will have to go and see what is said then

[/quote] Well I’m not sure then as my letter putting me in support group states you don’t have to attend work focussed interviews, if they have said you will be sanctioned then best you go along and find out.

Sounds absolutely daft!

Take your letter saying that you are in support group. They will hopefully take one look at it and send you home.

The whole system is a chaotic mess (an Eton Mess!).

Pat x