Waiting ...

Hi

It’s been a while since I last posted.

Had a brain MRI without contrast on 7th July (wasn’t actually as scary as I imagined!) and am still awaiting the results.

Was just wondering how long in general it takes for the results to come back - I’ve been told 10/12 wks.

Brecca x

hi brecca

it can take up to 5 8 week if u ring them and ask after 4 weeks u may get it early but if u wait till ur doctor get back to u it may take 10 weeks if u push them u may get it sooner, it all about pushing them for ur result,

Hi Andrew

Thanks for the advice.

I’ve phoned neurology dept on several occasions and just keep being told the same thing:- that results not yet back, taking at least 10/12 wks and neuro will write to me and my GP.

I’ve only been waiting 10 years or so to see a neurologist, so I guess another few weeks is nothing lol!

Would just really like to know if they’ve found anything now as I’m struggling with symptoms at the mo.

Brecca

Hi Andrew

Thanks for the advice.

I’ve phoned neurology dept on several occasions and just keep being told the same thing:- that results not yet back, taking at least 10/12 wks and neuro will write to me and my GP.

I’ve only been waiting 10 years or so to see a neurologist, so I guess another few weeks is nothing lol!

Would just really like to know if they’ve found anything now as I’m struggling with symptoms at the mo.

Brecca

10-12 weeks to get MRI results?!?!?! That’s RIDICULOUS!

The images are available to view on any computer with access to the hospital system immediately the scans are finished. A radiologist has to do a report, but that takes hardly any time (we’re generally talking minutes, rather than hours). So the only delay is the wait to get the radiologist to look at the images, which obviously depends on their diary but is often only a couple of weeks.

So where on earth do the 10-12 weeks come from? Genuinely disgusted at that!

I would happily place a large bet that your MRI results are sitting on your neuro’s desk

Why not give the neuro’s secretary a call and ask if they are back?

Karen x

I agree with everything Karen has said .

10 WEEKS is far to long to wait just to hear the results !

Sam xx

I work for the NHS so I can tell you for definate 10-12 weeks is not right. As karen said its all about the radiologists diary. Usually a few weeks is enough though. I’d give the secretary a ring and say you’re expecting the results to be back by now.

Fingers crossed you get somewhere.

Reemz

X

Thank you all for the advice.

I telephoned the neurologist’s secretary this Thursday. She still maintained that the results are taking 10-12 wks to come through, but said that she was chasing all outstanding scan results that day and would continue to do so on the Fri and I should hear within the next couple of weeks.

She said the delay wasn’t with neurology, but with the radiology department.

So I guess I’ll just keep waiting …

Even it if is somewhat frustrating!

Brecca x

Thank you all for the advice.

I telephoned the neurologist’s secretary this Thursday. She still maintained that the results are taking 10-12 wks to come through, but said that she was chasing all outstanding scan results that day and would continue to do so on the Fri and I should hear within the next couple of weeks.

She said the delay wasn’t with neurology, but with the radiology department.

So I guess I’ll just keep waiting …

Even it if is somewhat frustrating!

Brecca x

my neuro is german, he gets really frustrated at the pace of medical systems in the uk.

he told me that in germany, once a patient is referred by their gp, they get an appointment with a nuero that week.

same with mri.

might be worth moving to germany!

carole x