vitamin d3 5000

Hi

I am looking to buy my vitamins online again they are called healthy origins vitamin d3 5000 softgels I remember I had asked last time on the forum and somebody very kindly got back to me with where is the best to buy from.

I Just like to check again as it can be difficult to know which companies are safe to purchase from.

I would be grateful of any help.

Anne.x

Hi Anne

I get my various supplements from a few different places - Healthspan, Big Vits or, increasingly, various sellers on Amazon. I just look for the best value (itā€™s never occurred to me wonder how safe a seller is - Iā€™m very trusting!), and Iā€™ve never had any problems.

Dan

hi, I buy my supplements from Lamberts which are better quality but their vit D the highest is; only 1,000mgs.

Amazon is probably the easiest route.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Healthy-Origins-5000-Vitamin-Liquid/dp/B00PLQ6KWA

Iā€™m with whammel on this: Healthy Origins & Amazon.

But, do get a test soon after you start, and make sure that your MS Nurse (or whoever) is aware that you are taking them.

Mine asked was I taking them and if so how much.
I said yes, and 2400iu daily, and she wanted me to double this in winter.

Geoff

1 Like

Hi,

I am newly diagnosed and havenā€™t had any mention of taking vitamins, I guess this is something that I need to look at??

On amazon - you can get the BetterYou DLUX vitamin d3 oral spray. You just spray it into your mouth - minty taste - it is better absorbed into the bloodstream then taking the pills/softgels, as they are passed through the ā€˜gutā€™ and most is not utilised. The spray is only 3,000ius - but as 98% is absorbed it is better. They also do one for infants - fruit flavoured.

For testing - l prefer to use the CityAssays Lab B/ham - it is a postal service - just a pinprick test. And is much more comprehensive then doing it at the GPā€™s. l think it now costs Ā£28. You need to get your levels up to 150/225 nmols.

Donā€™t forget to keep up with all the B vits - especially B12. As for some unknown reason - we with MS - do not absorb these vits enough and need high doses.

B12 and D3; i take 1000 and 4000IU daily, respectively

Am I the only one who has a problem with buying from Amazon, who pay hardly any tax and have a reputation for treating their employees like sh*t? I buy my 5000iU Vitamin D from Natureā€™s Remedy.

Hi Sewingchick I was feeling the same as you about Amazon not paying tax. Then my mum mentioned a few months ago they are now paying tax.

I get my D3 on prescription from my GP. That way I can be reasonably certain what the stuff is - and also I donā€™t have to use Amazon which Iā€™m a bit iffy about for the reasons everyone else has said! I know they claim theyā€™re treating the staff better and paying tax, but if I donā€™t have to use 'em, I still prefer not toā€¦

Fracastorius (Jane)

Hi all, I have never been advised by my MS team or GP to take vitamins. Do you recommend them and what benefits to MS do they have? Thanks

Hi

I just wanted to thank everyone for all your replys itā€™s been a great help.

I have just one more question for whammel it is the link for amazon do you know if the gel tablets are ultra potency with no GMO or high potency which I didnā€™t realize you could get.

My last lot of gels tub has address in america of healthy origins I noticed your link has a address in Britain for healthy origins.I am just wondering if that is where the difference lies

I know I am probably being silly but I just would like to take the same as I have been.

Thanks again Anne.x

To be honest, I am not remotely as thorough as you and just looked up the brand you asked about on Amazon UK. The American site does have ā€œultra potencyā€, but they are more expensive and guess they must be different.

Assuming you ordered on Amazon before, then just log in and check ā€œyour ordersā€ for a history of past activity. This will confirm exactly what you ordered before.

Hi again whammel

Thats the problem hubby canā€™t find any past orders on amazon.

Thanks anyway for your help.

Anne.