urology appt

Evening each!

Been to my app this aft and it had a different outcome to what I imagined it might. Just to recap over what’s been going on.

I had the suprapubic catheter fitted ,15 months ago. Overall I love the system, as it makes life sooooo much better. But I’ve been struggling with problems in that area for a few weeks. These are blockages, meaning the last 3 changes have had to be done at 3, 5 and 5 weeks, rather than the usual 6 weeks.

I have wet the bed several times, suffer painful bladder spasms and had bleeding into the collection bag. For the past 2 weeks, I have had an almost constant and very uncomfortable, feeling of pressure and I can’t relax for thinking I am about to wet myself.

So, the doc reckons I may have debris in my bladder and is going to have a look inside, with a telescope! He will do this at out patients, under local anaesthetic!!! Arggghh, I’d rather be asleep.

He is marking this appointment as urgent.

Just had a thought… Do you think he might be able to see Blackpool tower with his telescope?

Luv pollx

Oh Poll, you poor thing, I hope they are gentle and quick when you go, Blackpool tower lol!

Shorty you’ve got to go through this procedure Poll. Hope as Poppysed has said that it’s over quickly for you And they will be gentle and manage to solve your problem.

don’t think they will see the tower though!!

Janet

x

I too recently had an appointment with an urologist my first in fact after a long wait of trying to be seen,I thought it would be just a consultation wasn’t expecting a prostrate examination a bit of a shock to be honest. I’ve now got other appointments to follow and they’re going even more intrusive so hopefully after all this they will be able come up with a solution to my problem,they’re supposed to quite painless but still a bit nerve wracking and I too hope they don’t see Blackpool tower as I live quite far from there and I hope the camera isn’t that big.

Hope they sort things out for you Poll xxx

Poll, that sounds awful. You must be exhausted with the fear of wetting yourself and not being able to relax. I like you would prefer any probing done while asleep, is there no way they would put you to sleep to give you some peace of mind and less discomfort?

Hope it all goes well when the time comes.

Linda x

[quote=“Jonesbear”]

I too recently had an appointment with an urologist my first in fact after a long wait of trying to be seen,I thought it would be just a consultation wasn’t expecting a prostrate examination a bit of a shock to be honest. I’ve now got other appointments to follow and they’re going even more intrusive so hopefully after all this they will be able come up with a solution to my problem,they’re supposed to quite painless but still a bit nerve wracking and I too hope they don’t see Blackpool tower as I live quite far from there and I hope the camera isn’t that big.

[/quote] gladi don’t have a prostate! Good luck!

Pollx

Hi and thanks for your replies.

No, they will only do a local. Just have to breathe deep and think of England!

Pollx

I’m sure things will be just fine for you Poll

Having the procedure under local will be pain free and the recovery rate for you Poll will be quicker.

Good luck xx

Oh Poll. Hope they get things sorted for you quickly. Be good to get it all done by Christmas eh?

Blackpool Tower. I think if I had it done they might be able to see the moon. lol!

shazzie xxx

Maybe, you could ask to be sedated.

I am just waiting for a muscle biopsy under local and I have thought about asking for some sort of sedation ( not sure if I am spelling this correctly, not something I am good at).

Hi!

I too have a SPC . I too was having similar problems and under local had to have an investigation (possibly worse for me as a bloke?!). Anyway I’ve had the same procedure a few times and I just think, this is what they do, day in and day out and it was fine! You can look on the screen and see the inside of your bladder , but you don’t have to!

They found several bladder stones which I appear to be prone to, despite drinking shred loads of water etc. Every year I go for a general and they remove the offending articles. Feels so much better after they have been removed. I now have my SPC changed every 4 weeks and have no problems whatsoever with blockages and it is easily changed each time.

Good luck for your procedure and hope you get to the bottom of it!

perhaps your gp could help with something to sedate you.

diazepam? you’ll still be conscious but won’t care.

good luck poll.

carole x

Schoey, that’s interesting…maybe stones are causing the frequency blockages. Thanks for that. X

Good luck Poll, me dear. We will all have the hugs and virtual cake waiting for you when you get out.

I hope it all goes well

JBK xx

Poll, Can you see sediment in the end of the catheter - the bit that comes out from your tum to the bag? Because you can try pressing hard and working it up and down the tube to loosen it and it will flow away. We all have this sediment - its just that it is so noticeable when it is in a catheter -it might build up and cause a blockage causing you to pass uretheraly. Even a ‘kink’ in the tube will also cause this - sometimes you need to stretch out or stand up to readjust the position. lt is also advisable to change sides often - something l am guilty of not doing. But it does help with the ‘site’ when you vary the direction of the tube. Because l have not done this - my stoma site has overgranulated on one side and often bleeds.

lts not all doom and gloom with a SPC - l would certainly not be without mine. Nothing is perfect - and most problems can be overcome with a bit of tweaking. Perhaps we should do more ‘twerking’ - that would sort out all pelvic-floor/bladder issues!!

1 Like

oh Frances, you are a love, always there trying to give me the best advice from your own experience.

this sediment in the tube…yeh I do see it sometimes, but how does squeezing it away from the tube, help when it is gunging up inside the bladder? I have tried turning the cath but it wont move, or i get scared!

I will try putting it at the other side of me when in my recliner…hang on…done it…there.

but n bed, there is only one side it can hang from.

pollxx