***Update*** Neighbour causing me problems

Just an update. My housing officer sent this email yesterday

Hi Fiona,

Just to keep you in the picture.

I have received an email form our Mediation Officer to say that the case sounds suitable for mediation, However I will have to speak to the neighbour to get her agreement.

Your neighbour has received the letter and has phoned the office as she is not able to make the appointment on Wednesday. She has rearranged it for next Friday. I’m sorry this is out of my control, but I will update you as soon as I have spoken with her. At least she will now be aware of the complaint.

If she, or her family, threaten you then you should call the police at once. – I hope it does not come to this this though.

Give me a ring by all means if you would like to talk to me about it.

Regards

Kath

I called her and she said she’d called the office to say she can’t make it because she has appointments.What a load of rubbish.I’ve heard her banging about all morning.She has re-booked for a week on Friday.She said the was the earliest she could attend.Lying bitch.Kath said she’s aware that this was an excuse but there is nothing she can do about it.
I said she was just delaying it so she had more to think up of something to say about me,and maybe cause me more trouble.
I wasn’t happy so i called the non emergency police number and reported a disability hate crime.I wanted put then in the picture incase of reprisals.2 officers came to see me within 15 mins of making the call.They said they would go and see her if i wanted but advised me to wait until Kath had seen her. In the meantime, if anything verbal happens,i have to call the police office and anything physical it’s 999.The police are coming back t see me a few days after she’s been seen by Kath. He said that if i’m still having problems after that,the police will intervene. I feel better now i have the support of the police.I’ll update you again next week.

Fi x

Hi, thanks for keeping us up to date. This has to be avery difficult time for you. I know it would upset me a lot too. If someone can`t relax in their own home, then where can they?

Let`s hope you receive no further reprisals. Even better would be if SHE moved away!

luv Pollx

[quote=“MS43”] I live in hope hun :slight_smile: x

Hi, thanks for keeping us up to date. This has to be avery difficult time for you. I know it would upset me a lot too. If someone can`t relax in their own home, then where can they?

Let`s hope you receive no further reprisals. Even better would be if SHE moved away!

luv Pollx

[/quote]

All the best

I know what its like not living in peace in your own home.I will cross everything thats possible that the situation is resolved.

Take care

Pip

[quote=“pip”] Thanks Pip :slight_smile:

All the best

I know what its like not living in peace in your own home.I will cross everything thats possible that the situation is resolved.

Take care

Pip

[/quote]

pity they cant re locate her to southern austrailia!!! hope all goes well for you, take care… Tony…

Good Luck for a resolution to your problem. Teresa xx

[quote=“tc”] Thank you

pity they cant re locate her to southern austrailia!!! hope all goes well for you, take care… Tony…

[/quote]

[quote=“Tree65”] Good Luck for a resolution to your problem. Teresa xx [/quote] Thanks x

[quote=“Pat”] It doesn’t sound like mediation is suitable. You both have to give your side of the story and explain what your issues are with each other. What can her or her cohorts problems with you possibly be? Using your disabled space and then being abusive about your disability is suitable or mediation. What compromise can you come to about that attitude? They won’t abuse you if you…what? I don’t get mediation in this case. I suppose you have to show willing but they might see mediation as a soft option. It isn’t a soft option and as they have committed a crime please be strong with them and insist that they agree to stop the abuse period. Otherwise the police will take over end of story. [/quote] I Thought the same Pat but like you say,i have to show willing.If needed I’ll just let the police get involved and let them deal with her

Goodness, what has western Austrailia done to deserve these people! Good luck with it, what a terrible time for you. Chis

Dont stand any nonesense. We had this a few years ago where my son was assaulted by our neighbour threatening to do something horrid to him if he didnt do as he was told. In other words this man thinks he owns the whole of the cul de sac and if anyone parks outside my home he sees it as impeding on his space even though its the highway. We called the police but he denied doing anything (my son wasnt lying he was frightened to death and why make it all up?) Ironically we have cctv and this man knows where we cover, so did the assaulting out of view of the camera.

We were advised to turn on our telephone onto record. Please do this at all times when outside or answering the door. Some evidence will help you greatly. We did that for ages, have become perhaps lax lately. But always have witnesses, or evidence of some sort and the full weight of the law will be on your side.

In our case this man keeps denying doing anything wrong, but Im hoping fate will step in, although he seems to always come up smelling of roses - but one day!

Sending love & support from another fellow mser who knows exactly what you are going through - sheer hell!

bren

x

Interesting Yawn. how do you set your telephone to record?

[quote=“mrbobowen”] I have an iPhone so i downloaded an app.I don’t know about other phones though

Interesting Yawn. how do you set your telephone to record?

[/quote]

Fingers crossed for you

I really feel for you. We had to move home in the end because of terrible neighbours either side of us. Noisy parties most night til 3 in the morning etc etc so I know how you feel. We didn’t report it but I wish we had now.

It sounds like things are moving in the right direction for you at last.

I’ll keep my fingers crossed that things get better for you. The stress isn’t gonna be helping your MS is it?

Take care.

Shazzie xx