***UPDATE 2*** Neighbour causing me problems

Hi

So my neighbour was interviewed yesterday.Here is the email my housing officer sent me.

Hi Fiona,

I have interviewed your neighbour with a Mediation Officer, Denise Armitage. She has admitted that her visitor swore at your Mum, and she has spoken to him and said it is not acceptable. It will not happen again. She did not hear him say anything else to your Mum as she had gone in for the washing.

She also made a counter complaint about your Mum, saying that she had plenty of room to get the car in to pick you up and complaining about her attitude. She does not want to take up our offer of mediation.

She has also given me permission to disclose that her visitor is unable to walk far as he is an amputee and only has one leg. He also need to park close to her flat entrance door.

In view of this we are unable to take this complaint further.

I am sorry I will not be able to speak with you about this next week as I will be on leave. However, I will contact you on my return.

Kath

Needless to say i’m fuming with the outcome.She’s getting away with all the grief she and her family have given me over the past few years.I’m not sure whether she can’t take it further because she’s refused mediation ,or because he too is disabled?

I don’t see how mediation would solve the problem anyway.And if she’s saying he’s also disabled,1,he’s a hypocrite and 2, it still doesn’t give him the right to verbally abuse me about my disability. What she’s told them is a pack of lies.She was sat in the car when he was verbally abusing my mum and calling me a cripple.Grrrrr

So some how she’s managed to turn this around.My housing officer is meant to support me but she’s let me down.So what do i do now? All this is causing me great stress and my MS has started playing up.I can’t cope with all this :frowning:

Fi x

[quote=“Pat”] It’s good for YOU that SHE has refused mediation. If she says you have an attitude but she then refuses mediation that YOU are offering then SHE has the attitude problem doesn’t she. She isn’t giving reconciliation a chance by refusing to mediate with somebody she deems has an attitude problem but has offerred mediation. The fact is you were abused because of your disability by someone with one leg? Erm??? This is all nonsense. Keep records and refer it back to the police as aggressive abuse against a disabled person if there are further incidents. Pat [/quote] I 've got a police officer coming to see me next week sometime.He’ll want to know the outcome from the meeting.I reported it to the police last week as a disability hate crime

I am sorry to read of your bad news. Your neighbours sound a right bunch of morons, and you just can’t reason with people who have no brain and no empathy. Keep your pecker up and write everything down, but don’t let them take over your life. We are all thinking of you.

Best wishes,

Moira

[quote=“Rabbit Fan”]

I am sorry to read of your bad news. Your neighbours sound a right bunch of morons, and you just can’t reason with people who have no brain and no empathy. Keep your pecker up and write everything down, but don’t let them take over your life. We are all thinking of you.

Best wishes,

Moira

[/quote] Thanks you Moira

Hi Fi

It’s the same old same old. Crimes against humanity are ignored. Crimes against the state are not and are seen as important. If you don’t pay your road tax they want to lock you up, but for hurting somebody you can say sorry or just say you didn’t do it and it’s ok.

We have freedom of speech - as long as you don’t say anything.

The UK is totally arse upwards in every way.

Mark

The only way you can play this is if you collect evidence. I got cctv and put my phone on record whenever the culprit is around. He now knows we are geared up as his behaviour has changed in that he says nothing, but still smirks at us.

Collect evidence then ring the police when you have some, theyll then take you seriously. I wish we had when our neighbour attacked my son. He denied it so the police wouldnt take sides. Even though they seemed a waste of space they still advised us to get voice recordings - he knew that so is now on his best behaviour. Youll catch them eventually because usually liars dont change their spots and it hurts them greatly to HAVE TO BEHAVE.

Good luck, and be on your guard at all times.

get those cameras purchased and record them, youll win in the end.

bren

x

[quote=“yawn”] Thanks Bren.I downloaded a voice recorder on my phone.I do need to get CCTV though.Someone knocked on my door late last night which hardly ever happens.I didn’t answer but i’d like to have known who it was.I think it was it was something to do with that bitch.Probably would have been another threat as it was yesterday that she was interviewed

x

The only way you can play this is if you collect evidence. I got cctv and put my phone on record whenever the culprit is around. He now knows we are geared up as his behaviour has changed in that he says nothing, but still smirks at us.

Collect evidence then ring the police when you have some, theyll then take you seriously. I wish we had when our neighbour attacked my son. He denied it so the police wouldnt take sides. Even though they seemed a waste of space they still advised us to get voice recordings - he knew that so is now on his best behaviour. Youll catch them eventually because usually liars dont change their spots and it hurts them greatly to HAVE TO BEHAVE.

Good luck, and be on your guard at all times.

get those cameras purchased and record them, youll win in the end.

bren

x

[/quote]