Turmeric and Ginger

I’ve just read that turmeric and ginger can be beneficial. Does anyone take these and are the supplements available from Holland and Barratt the right thing to take if I was going to start? Thank you.

i use a lot in cooking but i had a look in holland and barratt.

they had sachets of turmeric thai latte so i bought one.

i like thai latte in marks and spencers cafe so thought i’d like this.

wrong!!! yuck, yuck, yuck!!!

had to gargle with listerine.

Hi This is my understanding, with turmeric you need to also have pepper to bring out the benefits. So in cooking that usually works. There’s a school of thought that it’s a useful complimentary therapy. It is certainly an anti inflammatory. I take a product called Turmerix. Mixed with water, it’s ok tasting but not great It’s expensive but lasts a long long time. I don’t know how effective it is but I’m prepared to try it.

1 Like

Hello,

You could also make a paste and then keep it in the fridge. My daughter uses it to make a lovely drink using hemp or soya milk.

There are many recipes available, of course, but this is one of the simpler ones.

https://www.turmericforhealth.com/turmeric-recipes/how-to-make-turmeric-paste-or-golden-paste

Yummy!

Alun

1 Like

Hello I have had the turmeric capsules from Holland and Barrett think they help me

1 Like