Topic locked

[quote=“rizzo”]

I haven’t read any further so sorry if this point has already been covered, but research has demonstrated a link between cannabis and schizophrenia. See, e.g, Henquet et al. (2005). The environment and schizophrenia: the role of cannabis use. Schizophrenia Bulletin, 31, 608-612.

I researched this topic for a lecture a few years ago and was honestly shocked to see that there really is evidence of a link: I thought it had been scaremongering.

Karen x

[/quote] Thankyou for that. Does the research specify how much Cannabis use will have a negative effect? As I have stated, abuse of any substance is going to cause problems.

[quote=“Amanda P”] [quote=rizzo]

I haven’t read any further so sorry if this point has already been covered, but research has demonstrated a link between cannabis and schizophrenia. See, e.g, Henquet et al. (2005). The environment and schizophrenia: the role of cannabis use. Schizophrenia Bulletin, 31, 608-612.

I researched this topic for a lecture a few years ago and was honestly shocked to see that there really is evidence of a link: I thought it had been scaremongering.

Karen x

[/quote] Thankyou for that. Does the research specify how much Cannabis use will have a negative effect? As I have stated, abuse of any substance is going to cause problems.[/quote]

Not sure, but here’s a link to the paper I cited. At the bottom of this are more recent papers, some of which look very interesting.

Hi All,

Did not expect this when i turned on my laptop,checked to see if anyone had responded to my post.

Im one of the lucky ones i guess,Satavex is prescribed for me,and helps me keep some the spasms and some of the pain at bay.

But some times had to use the banned substance,when life throws a curved ball at you,you ether duck or try to fight back as best you can.

So not only did the person not like the post,but did not like my Avatar as well,suprised as no one else has complained.

It has taken me 90 mins to read all the posts,another 45 mins to post this,now i am to tired to think straght.

All in All wish i had not posted this.

Take Care All.

Chris.

Thanks for that, I will research that later. You can never have too much information good or bad. I’m particularly interested in the frequency and amount of use, whether or not Cannabis is considered a cause, trigger or accelerant. And who funded the research. It is well known that the government has frequently funded researchers who will provide them with answers they seek rather than what the research actually finds.

Dearest Amanda P.

Darling it is clear your are a very angry little girl.It is clear you are trying to bait me into an argument.It is also clear that I think illegal drug use is causing you some guilt and you may wish to speak to your doctor about your addiction.If you need any advice about how to get help I will be very pleased to advise you as I have worked with drug and alchol addicted people for over three years.Even though you are beeing unpleasant towards me I am still willing to help you in any area of your life that you may wish for me to help.

As realy I am a goodhearted person and help anyone even those who may of done me wrong in the past.

However darling your jibe about my bro and my twin is clear for all to see is a deffinate jibe at me to try and raise some anger withing me.All I can say is my legal medication does not allow me to get enraged.Also I am a placid person to start with,as I know stress can also make my MS symptoms worse so I do not allow little boys and girls to annoy me or get to me nore will I get into an argument.

If you feel so much guilt over illegal drug usage that you have to direct your gulit towards me that is perfectly fine.I have again worked with drug addicts and alcholics over the years and I know how sadly they do feel remorse for there actions and there drug/achol intake.I recommend seeing your GP hun and they can refere you to a good phycologist even a drug councilor.Chatting to these poor people makes them often feel better about themselves and also encourages them to seek help.I am a great beliver in those who seek help but continualy fail to give up there habbit then keep trying to quit are very good people and I always encourage and support them in there fight against drugs/alchol.Id rather see someone try and fail rather than not trying at all.I say WELL DONE to those who keep trying.

I am at this moment trying to get a Drop In Centre in my area to help people with addictions and low income families.Hopefully once the work is done on a certain building I will be putting forward the idea.Hopefully I can then help and work with those addicted to illegal drugs/slchol and there is even those addicted to legal drugs that can do with support.

My fingers are crossed and my hopes and dreams to help others may one day soon be put into practice.

However I do think all this utter TWODDLE and trying to prove who is right and who is wrong has gone on long enough.I look at the whole situation and its rather SILLY and now needs to end.I am prepared to say there is both right and wrong from all sides and let the matter rest.If you wish to continue with this pathetic annoying postings then that is upto you babe BUT I have certainly had enough.

Its just simply embaressing to everyone who is reading this stupidy continue.

Now I wish you well and hope this now stops.

Im off to cook my baby girl and myself dinner then cuddle up on the sofa with my special girl and watch a bit of TV.

Enjoy the rest of the day babe.

Good luck with all that you decide to do.

Charlie,x

I think both ‘sides’ of this debate have had a solid airing so I’m now going to declare peace and ask everyone to kindly move onto something else.

Greg [admin]