Toning Tables

Hi Has anyone used toning tables before? they have them at my local health & beauty place. I was informed they are a gentle form of exercise to keep muscles active. Anyone else used them? My muscles are tight at the moment and my mobility has worsened lately so want to keep active some how! I am having an induction next week Rgds H xx

Sorry, I haven’t used them yet but I too am interested in trying them and have found a place near me that has them. I can’t walk very far anymore and I’ve lost a lot of tone in my legs. I used to do a lot of walking and had very toned legs but now they’re just flabby. As my legs are too weak to exercise, I am hoping that toning beds will help tone them a little. I intend to go in the next couple of weeks. Let’s hope it does the job for both of us. x

middx2sx wrote:

Hi Has anyone used toning tables before? they have them at my local health & beauty place. I was informed they are a gentle form of exercise to keep muscles active. Anyone else used them? My muscles are tight at the moment and my mobility has worsened lately so want to keep active some how! I am having an induction next week Rgds H xx

I have used them at a gym i used to go to, a few years ago, they are really good, i could just let them do the work, or you can work with them, if you are able to, the gym i went to, shut down, and there isnt a local one that does them, but i do miss them,i think you will find them good. jaki xx

hi , stupid question here . is toning table the same as a vibrationplate? getting one deliverd next week paid for by my insurance policy. dont know if its going to help with my muscle strenght or balance but hey its not costing me anything so its worth a try :stuck_out_tongue: take care tina x.

I have used these tables for about 3 or 4 years. One word, FANTASTIC!! I go to a physio centre near Chester in Cheshire. It is new, clean and all machines are maintained beautifully. Some ‘beauty shops’ have these but they can be pretty run down, and the assistances have no real knowledge on how to get the best out of them. The company I use is a franchise so there are a few around the country. “SHAPEMASTER FEELGOOD FACTORY” It costs about £350 per year, or you can pay monthly. obviously, you can attend as often as you like or are able to do so! I try to go about 3 times a week. To complete the course of machines takes just under an hour. I notice a difference in my strength, and mobility in just a few days. If I don’t go, due to holidays or whatever, I notice how stiff I can feel. Mainly these centres are used by ‘older folk’ but there are a couple of people at mine that have MS and they find it helpful too. One lady has Primary MS and is there most days. See if you can have a trial, if you have somewhere near you. Give it a go, especially if it costs you nothing for a couple of weeks. PM me if you want any other info. Fififlower.

just-me-again wrote:

hi , stupid question here . is toning table the same as a vibrationplate? getting one deliverd next week paid for by my insurance policy. dont know if its going to help with my muscle strenght or balance but hey its not costing me anything so its worth a try :stuck_out_tongue: take care tina x.

No toning tables are not the same as a vibration plate, they are tables that you lie on and depending on which one you go on, they work diffrent parts of your body, ones for legs, ones for bums,ones for your upper body, you can just lie there and let them doo all the work, or you can work with them,they are really good, i had a vibration plate, but it made me really ill,so cant use it anymore.

Thank you all for your replies. I look forward to trying them out on Monday! Hope it does help my mobility! jubblie good luck as well with trying them out. tina - jaki is correct they are not the same as a vibrating plate.google tonning tables and you will see. thanks H xx

oeps your right ! totally different things :oops: never new about tables before today . thanks for the info :slight_smile: tina x.

Yes, Toning Tables are good - any form of exercise improves us. Power plates [vibration] are excellent. So is the MSS DVD by Sally Gunnell - its free from this site. And you can do the exercises at home - anytime.

ooooh didn’t know about the MSS DVD by Sally Gunnell- will try and order it! thanks Rgds H xx

I had my Toning tables session and really liked it! I have signed up for 10 more sessions! :slight_smile: toning tables are great! since my toning table session my walking is better. :smiley: I am going twice more this week I now know what a vibrating plate is and will try that out once i am having more good days! H xx

I’ve never used toning tables but I have had back problems and stiffness. I am attending a chiorpractor which does seem to help. I have lesions in my neck and spine. It’s worth a try even if only for one session. Makes sense to me as spine goes straight into the brain anyway. I do feel the benefits of this I’m like a wee spring lamb when I come out. MM

Hi, I did use these tables some years ago. But the thing to find out now is this; can you get on and stay on them safely?. the machines do the work and you just have to try to resist their actions, in order to gain any benefit, Can you try them before committing to regular use? good luck. luv Pollx

Please keep us posted on toning table effect and benefit, am very interested as it’s something I thought bout trying, I have horrible fat flabby legs , bum and belly having put on 2stone over last 12 months due to restricted mobility, do so hope it’s successful. X

I would definitely recommend toning tables without a shadow of a doubt! I gained 3stone since being in a wheelchair and have lost 4stone since having my toning table at home and I use it every day,it’s brilliant,it’s helped me no end since having my baclofen pump fitted too,improving my flexibility and making me able to stand,bend at the knees and waist and am even beginning to take a few steps now,the lady that’s offering one for £150.00,I would rip her arm off for it!!! Best Wishes Kim x

Hi ,yes i have used the toning tables i used to go every morning at our local salon until they got rid of them. They had 6 different toning tables and i went on everyone of them 10mins each table i always came away revitalised and within a few months i’d lost 2 stone and went down to a size 10 in clothes .Unfortunately there’s nowhere close by that does them with all 6 tables. But i recommend them to anyone i have had MS for 11 yrs now and i so wish i could have access to the toning tables again. I used to use them every morning after taking my children to school 1hour of me time and it definately did the job.

regards wendz x

I wish i could get a toning table that does all of what the 6 tables did, so could have it in my spare room and come out all revitalised and toned again.

regards wendz x

me too, the gym i used to go to shut down, and there isnt a local gym that does the toning tables,such a shame, they helped me such a lot,i used to drop my daughter off at school,and headed for the gym,i used to look forward to it,things always change for the worse dont they ?

jaki xx

Hi have you tried a power plate? Most Gyms have them nowadays. Its also supposed to help with weight loss and muscle tone. I did a trial session at My Local MS Therapy Centre. Dont quite know why I didnt keep it up. Might just get back to it

Kim

Hi hope everyone is keeping well. I came across this forum after researching on Toning Tables my friend who has MS had been told about the Tables and wanted me to go along with her to try them out as i’m also disabled with very limited mobility and i’m really pleased she did we have both found them to be very beneficial. Besides losing inches on the Toning Tables they have also helped to improve my mobility, my legs are not as tight as they used to be and my muscles also feel alot loser they have even help with my spasms. If anyone is thinking about trying them then i would really recommened you do, it’s a shame they are not as popular as they used to be and alot of the salons are closing down luckly for us we still have one locally if anyone is in North West Leicestershire (East Midlands) I can recommened one in the village of Thringstone.