There are days......

Teresa xx

Well hon you tried it. Not everything works for everyone. You can but try and I admire you for trying.

SO glad you are feeling bit better.

I’m happy to be back on Amitriptyline. Just upped the dose. 25mg at night and 10mg in morning. Not sure it really helps many of my symptoms but less pain and biggest plus is I feel so good in a ‘sod the symptoms’ sort of way!

Resting this weekend as have day trip with my sheltered scheme to Southend on Monday (AND they can get my scooter on the coach!)

Hi to all the gang!

Pat xx

Hi,

LDN didn’t work for me, hailed as the great cure all… dare I say bl**dy annoying. I’m glad it helps some people but a real downer when it doesn’t work for you!! Hey, I’m still surviving so hang on in thereI hope you enjoy your tripPat. Take care folks, M

Nice to see you M. Have a good day hon.

Pat xx

Yeah, I had high hopes for the LDN but there you go - nothing else left ,eh? Glad the amytriptiline is helping a bit. Have a lovely trip on Monday to Southend - hope the sun shines for you. Thanks for all the kind words. Teresa xx

Thanks Teresa… forecast for Southend tomorrow is rain. Typical!

But I’m taking stuff for both hot and wet weather just in case!

True nothing after LDN at the moment… but remember there is research going on into PPMS and they might come up with something. Sorry… even as I write it I’m not sure how much I believe it… but you never know.

Hope I feel a bit better tomorrow than I do today. I’m taking it very easy… sitting in recliner reading… and watching closing ceremony tonight IN BED!!!

I’m thinking of you Teresa. Let’s face it… this can be a bloody rough old ride sometimes!

Pat x

Hi all!

Have a nice trip Pat - hope you have fun!

Teresa - so sorry about the LDN but it was worth a try. Not worth putting up with those symptoms though. It sounds as if it has made your symptoms worse not better.

Am off to the seaside myself at next weekend in our caravan

Sun,sea, sand and none of the other cos we ave the kids with us! LOL!!

love to all,

Teresa. x

Have a lovely time at the seaside Teresa. The other will have to wait 'til you get home! Teresa xx

Thanks Pat - I’ve been fine until now but my bladder problems have got worse recently and are really making life miserable. Think I may need to do ISC. Sorry about the rain tomorrow - what a pain! I too am going to enjoy the closing ceremony. Hasn’t it been great? So nice to have something to raise your spirits. Back next week to double dip recession and doom and gloom economics. I was thinking today that I’d like to get off this roller coaster but realised I never will - it’s hard sometimes to cope in your head! Teresa xx

Missing the Olympicis…Take care everyoneM

Me too M - I was sad when the closing ceremony finished! Teresa xx

Hi Teresa,

Are you having any help with the bladder problems?

It makes me cross to think when you have PPMS you dont get the yearly check-ups that we RRMS people get.

I see a neuro yearly and am asked every time if i have probs with bladder. I dont have probs with this atm but i know if/when i do there is help for me.

I hope you can get some help with this as i’m sure there is something that will make your life easier.

Thinking of you

Teresa. x

Have just been to see the practice nurse as I have yet another UTI - more antibiotics. I’ve also made an appointment to see my GP re: bladder and she will probably refer me to urology again! I think ISC may be on the horizon. What fun! Yeah - no yearly check-ups makes me feel like I’ve been abandoned! Lol. Hope you’re well atm? Teresa xx

Hi Teresa! I would feel abandoned also

ISC may not be as bad as you fear. You may try it and wish you had done it sooner. Can’t be much worse than all these awful uti’s. ((hugs))

I still have the same awful symptoms i’m afraid. I have got an appointment now to see the neuro at the end of october. I’m going to stand my ground this time though and not be fobbed off.

I am at the g.p’s tomorrow for my son (asthma check up). Was going to make a double appoint for both of us but my gp is on holiday so we are seeing a locum so didn’t see the point of going through everything with a different g.p.

I am going to really struggle on holiday next week but will try my absolute best to keep up for the kids sake! I’ve let them down badly the last 18 months and i feel so guilty about it. My sister is a great help though - she’s been to work all day today and then picked up the kids and took them and her kids rollerskating!! Bless her!!!

I was helping a friend with her kids a couple of years ago as she had breast cancer but now i need a little help she has not been there for me. End of friendship!! You find out who your friends are when you are struggling - don’t you?

Anyway, hope you start to feel better soon.

Teresa. x

Thanks Teresa Sorry you’re still struggling but yes stand your ground with the neuro in October and don’t let him fob you off. You haven’t let your kids down. There’s only so much you can do if you are suffering. I’m glad your sister is helping - sisters are great. Mine is such a massive moral support. Shame about your friend - some people are takers but not givers to. I hope you start to feel better and please see that GP! Teresa xx

Thanks for the support, Teresa.

I know what you mean by givers and takers. I’m a giver and don’t often take but i am learning now to not be such a big softie. People walk all over you if you let them.

Btw i hope the exams went ok for your boys - such a stressful time for them.

I better get off this board before someone tells me off! gatecrashing your ppms friendship group. Sorry everyone!

Teresa. x

Don’t be daft Teresa - no one minds! Thanks re: the boys’ exams, results starting to come in now. We’re chuffed with my eldest’s AS results, next week is son no.2’s GCSEs - fingers crossed for him! Teresa xx

Teresa -So pleased for your eldest and of course a big pat on the back for you and your hubby also. He couldn’t have done it without the support of good parents. Good luck to son no.2 also.

Going on holiday in a couple of hours so speak to you soon.

Teresa. x

Have a great holiday. Thanks for your kind thoughts. Teresa xx

Teresa (Treek) you are very welcome on the board.

Pat x