The LIKE button is back!!!!!!!!!!!!

Look at a post… any post… and look at the bottom of that post… and there is now a LIKE button!!!

And also, on posting this new thread, I did NOT get the long list of topics!!!

It’s getting there guys…

I still have very bad lower back pain… above my Maximus now… hey ho… who cares… we have a LIKE button…

Pat x

9 Likes

Nice to have things getting back to normal…I’ve only been a member a couple of months and even I didn’t like the changes!

I used to go on a site where you could see who had liked the post instead of it being Anon.

Jan.

Ps Have you noticed when you start a new line after a full stop the first word does not start with a capital letter?

4 Likes

Hi Jan, I hadn’t noticed that cos I touch type and automatically do a capital letter… but I have noticed a few weird things when typing… I’m sure these issues will get cleared up in time.

It is a bit peculiar learning to use the new site but I’m sure we’ll get used to it… esp when the bugs are fixed.

I don’t know why the LIKE button is Anon on here… but I do know we get new users who aren’t confident enough at first to post on the board and maybe they feel more comfortable having an Anon LIKE button.

Very muggy in London today… but not as hot as it’s been… hope it’s ok wherever you are Jan.

Pat x

2 Likes

Thank you moderators, I missed the Like button, the creases are being sorted out, I’m happy.

Pat I hope the pain subsides, have you done anything to pull muscles? Or is that being personal? Is it like sciatica? If it doesn’t clear up soon a physio referral might help. Otherwise the trusty old Paracetamol and Ibuprofen seem to work for you if I remember correctly, don’t be shy in using them.Take care

Cath xx

4 Likes

Yippee do!!! Thanks you mods for getting our like button back.

Pam x

3 Likes

Thanks Cath. Done nothing to pull muscles… but I got this before a few months back. It lasts a few days.

Certainlly not done anything that would be described as ‘personal’ LOL… Your average nun has more personal life than me!

I’ve got the neuro physio coming on Thursday so shall talk to her about it. Taken the combo… & did as my sister’s dentist advised… you take ibuprofin or paracetamol first (doesn’t matter which), wait half an hour and then take the other. He says it works better & I think he’s right.

Have a nice evening… I’m hobbling down to bingo in our lounge downstairs.

Pat x

3 Likes

Hoorah!

Like it.

Now all I want is:

smilies

the edit button to work

the reappearance of the button at the BOTTOM of the thread like it used to be, to save scrolling back to the top.

Styles that work.

3 Likes

Hi KeV

Just a thought, the smilies don’t work if you are using the yellow background, mine worked when I reverted to the glaring white.

Pam x

2 Likes

I think if you use a laptop you will not see the smilies but if you’re on an iPad you do, no idea why.

I’m in the North East Pat and it is very warm and Muggy here too. I’ve been lazy and sat watching The Games most of the afternoon with the fan going full belt.

Have a nice evening everyone.

Jan

2 Likes

Pat your life sounds very similar to mine, but I’m very content with it, as I hope you are. I’ve just started swimming though in the hope that I can strengthen my muscles and hopefully lose a few pounds (or better, a few stone). I’ve only been doing it a week and already I’m feeling a bit better, my endurance is improving. It won’t do me any harm and I’m doing the exercises they taught me when I had hydrotherapy. I’m determined to stay as mobile as possible for as long as I can.

I hope you enjoyed your bingo, I used to enjoy that, and you had some luck.

Take care everyone.

Cath xx

1 Like

Hi Everyone,

I am having the same trouble with caps as Jan, but SO good to see the like button back!

Kev, I hope we get your list of things sorted too.

Especially bad day for me today so here’s hoping for a good day for all of us tomorrow.

Nina x

2 Likes

You’re a genius, Pam! I

And the styles is there - does it work? yes it does

edit: does edit work? Yes it does!

Pam, you’re a genius!

Kev x

Now can you fix the edit button for me?

2 Likes

I’m on a laptop and I can see the smilies - both the button above the box where I’m typing this that lets me add a smily and the smilies in other people’s posts.

Weird, but then, we are talking about computers!

1 Like
1 Like

And the dates are proper now x

2 Likes

Obviously the mods are listening to our ever growing list of demands, poor folk are probably regretting their decision to update. So I just want to say thank you, my will to live is returning.

Cath xx

2 Likes