Swollen ankle/leg

Hi just started using this website I was diagnosed in 2018 with SPMS had the symptoms for a long time but took ages to diagnose.
Anyway I have a very weak right leg especially past my knee calf and ankle foot drop etc muscle wastage
Lately my ankle and foot have been swelling going very hot and itchy very uncomfortable doctor gave me water retention tablets but it’s come back and seems a slight itchy area like a hard spot anyone have problems like that going to contact my MS nurse for advice but have anyone suffered this ?the skin feels so tight and red

Hi,dont think that sounds like ms. I would speak to GP again - have the water tablets helped at all? keep the foot elevated as much as possible and moisturise, but speak to doctor

Oh and remember when u have ms almost docs like to blame any symptoms on it. Don’t let that happen to urself when u know it’s not related because it could be something that can be treated. A nurse once said to me years ago sometimes ms patients need to be a ‘squeaky wheel’ in order to be heard.

Have u had chest X-rays and checks for deep vain thrombosis?

Definitely doesn’t sound like an ms thing like said above by user.

Hope ur feeling better