Stressed out and MS!

Hiya

I’m sorry to be so negative but
I am just so stressed out at the moment. I sadly lost my Dad 2 weeks ago and my son has had to go back on dialysis.

I feel so overwhelmed by things but I can’t do anything to make things better.

My legs have completely given up and I am pretty much housebound.

I’m so scared - this is the worst I ever felt.

Just don’t know what to do!

Can someone please tell me that things will get more bearable? xx

1 Like

Holy crap, I totally get your negative feelings, it seems you are having a dire time. I really hope things feel a bit better soon.
Whenever I feel really low I allow myself enough time to feel miserable, then I try to find some good memories and take myself to that headspace.
I wish I could share some of my good luck with you.
Take care
Mick

I am so sorry. You’re right when you said that you can’t make it better, so you need to find some way to distance those thoughts. Like Mick said, give yourself some time to feel unhappy, and then take your mind away to a better place.

Many years ago, I went through a horrible divorce and custody battle. I was on the verge of a nervous breakdown and no one cared. I built an imaginary dresser in my head and started putting the problems in different drawers that I would only open when I felt capable of dealing with it. It took a lot of conscious effort for a very long time, but it’s now become second nature to me. Maybe you could try something like that.

Hello sweetheart.
t’s no wonder you are done in…losing a parent is so horrible…it will take a long time to learn how to handle it without breaking down.

I lost my Dad just 3 weeks after losing Mum…21 years ago now and I still sometimes think ‘Oh I’ll ring MUM about so and so’.

Then there’s your son on dialysis…a lot to worry about.

Give yourself time to assimilate everything. Try to rest well when you can and slowly build yourself up.

Do you have any help ie family or carers? I would be housebound if my carers didnt take me out.

Take care chick.
love Boudsxx

Hiya

Thanks so much for your comments they have helped. I do need to look ahead rather than to continue to dwell on all the sad things going on in my life.

I will try with putting issues in drawers thanks Norasmom, but I know it will take time.

I’m glad I posted as it helped! We all have such rubbish things in our past and present!

Thanks again xx

1 Like