Spring in Pennsylvania (USA)

Hope the weather / animals / camera are behaving.
We had some newbies today

1 Like

Oh my they are pretty and excellent photos.
Haven’t even got my new camera out of the box yet as I’ve had a nasty UTI. Getting better so hopeful for pictures next week.

Fingers crossed you feel better soon.
M

Beautiful pictures I love sitting listening to the birds chatting away.

Pam x

1 Like

I’m assuming the bottom two are goldfinches? But what’s the red one, Mick?

PB, have you had a chance to use the camera yet?

Hi Norasmum, hope you are well. Had a UTI so not done anything this week but should be back up and running (not literally) this week.

Hiya. The red one is a male bullfinch. The other 2 are greenfinches. I will look for a goldfinch snap and post it soon. Hope your weather is ok and that your hummingbirds are making you smile.
Mick

hi again. as promised…
red face = Goldfinch and pink chest = female Bullfinch.
M
Looking forward to more Hummingbird shots.
Mick

Oh, they are! I haven’t been able to get any more photos, but I now have a pair that make the ones in the photos look like absolute giants! I swear they’re no bigger than my pinky.

1 Like

Wow, amazing pictures. I sat out in the garden today, the birds were singing, the sun was our. I sat in the shade of the washing that my husband put out. Then a small blue tit came and grappled with a rather prickly fir tree. If it comes again I will try an capture on my phone.

It is nice when you can get a shot, just enjoy seeing it before rushing for your phone or camera.
M

The young starlings are running their parents ragged.
M

1 Like

Hahaha I swear I’ve had that look on my face more than once in my daughters lifetime :sweat_smile: