Having a good day, so thought I'd share (better than telly)

The sun came out and we went to the seaside with a picnic. We saw others also having a great time.

3 Likes

Lovely pictures of the seaside glad you enjoyed your day.

Pam x

1 Like

Lovely photos, hope you had a great day.
Maryx

1 Like

Thank you. It was a lovely day, blue skies and sunshine.
M

Thanking for sharing. I’m sure it made us all smile.
Boudsx

1 Like

I hope that I could share the pleasure of sunshine.
M

Hi looks lovely. Wish I lived nearer to the coast, feeling envious! Pleased that you were able to have a great day out. I find listening to the waves so soothing.

Sue

1 Like

I too enjoy listening to the waves, this is why I am happy to share low quality video which includes the sounds.
Mick

Always love your photos, Mick! Can you explain the little cottages in the last photo? I’ve seen them before on your beaches but have never quite understood what they’re for.

Hi NM these are known as beach huts. People buy or rent these to have a place to change clothing or store beach chairs . Many have gas cookers and fridges so drinks are an option . A little home from home.
Mick

Yeah; I really have to move to England.

Another good, sunny day. I opened the window to shout at the squirrels and these birds turned up soon after.
Made me smile.

1 Like

What’s the last one, Mick? I want one of those!

It is a Nuthatch, and they spend a lot of time upside down! Very pretty if you ask me.
M

No wonder I like it! Nuthatches are my 2nd favorites (chickadees being the first), but yours look quite a bit different from ours.

1 Like

I wish my bullfinches would eat off the feeders. They seem to prefer the buds on my fruit trees and bushes! What are yours eating? Sunflower hearts?

Indeed sunflower hearts. I believe that Bullfinches used to be hunted to stop them eating fruit crops.
M

wow, another beauty, it looks like the under tail coverts are the same tan & white as on our UK nuthatches.
M

Beautiful photos, thank you

Pam x

Fair enough to want to move to the U.K., but are beach huts really sufficient reason? Admittedly, we’d be glad of your baked hams and some of your other food (you can leave the pretend cheese back in the US!).

Anyway, just lately there was a story in the paper about one council opening their list for beach hut hire for the year, people were queuing for about 30 hours to get one. Way more people than the number of huts available.

I always wanted one, but not enough to queue in the freezing cold or pay thousands to buy one. Unless I win the lottery of course.

Sue

1 Like