Spring in Pennsylvania (USA)

So, they’re not as good as Mick’s photos or scenery, but I finally got a camera and am having a ball! I was able to take all of these while just sitting on my back porch.

(American robin; not nearly as pretty as the English ones!)

(Mourning dove in a maple tree. I tried getting a better pic, but the dog decided he had to try chasing the bird that was sitting 10 meters off the ground.)

(Some kind of hawthorn tree right off my porch. It’s taller than the house and smells so good! Those are wild grapevines woven in amongst the branches.)

(And this is just my backyard. If it ever stops raining long enough, I want to mow some paths down through the woods so I can use my motorized wheelchair there.)

8 Likes

Hi Norasmum

Lovely photos and I agree it would be wonderful to get out and about there in your wheelchair.

If we weren’t so far away I would come with you lol

Pam x

1 Like

Wotcha,

I am glad that you are pleased with your camera and getting lovely pictures. Your pictures and scenery are great. Thanks for sharing your obvious joy. I love the look of the hawthorn and will just imagine the scent. I have had some repairs to my off road scooter and hope to get into the bluebell woods later. If all works out and I have any pics I will share later. Your Robin is certainly larger than ours. My neighbour has a Starling nest in their roof space and the noise from the chicks when the parents return with food is astonishing.
Cheers
Mick

1 Like

I’m considering getting a camera now and Mick if you do get some pictures of the bluebell’s i will be saving one as my phone wallpaper (hope you won’t mind).
Sam x

2 Likes

No problem, lets hope I find some and get a half decent snap!
shame I can not post video as then you would also hear the birdsong; I’d also like to share the scent of the bluebells.
Mick

2 Likes

I’m ever so slightly jealous. It all sounds so lovely. I really like bluebell’s but have never see them in real life so have never smelt them. Good luck with the photos.

Sam x

1 Like

Hi Sam
sorry to hear that you don’t get to see these beauties. The smell is gorgeous and I only get the odd waft as I move about. I got some snaps, but each time I turned the video on the woodpecker and cuckoo both shut up… oh well
Always happy to share my good luck.

4 Likes

Oh, Mick! That is beautiful. We have nothing like that here. Would the first photo be of the rarely-seen blue & silver British cuckoo?

3 Likes

Mick thank you so much, what a beautiful place to be able to visit. Norasmum that made me giggle :smiley:

2 Likes

Hmmmm,

I loathe having my photo taken. I am less of a cuckoo and more of a grumpy old muppet but I do adore bluebells and I had handed the camera to my wife… big mistake :face_with_raised_eyebrow:
Mick

3 Likes

Screenshot 2022-05-01 at 11-22-18 grumpy muppet - Google Search

I can definitely see the resemblance.

2 Likes

Hahaha Norasmom you are so naughty Hahaha. Mick she doesn’t mean it

1 Like

I think she is spot on.
In my head I am a bit more

1 Like

very close :laughing:

1 Like

Well, with your penchant for drunken pole dancing…

1 Like

In my head I can do loads of crazy stuff

1 Like

Oh, I know! Every day I go for long hikes in the woods, have fluent conversations in German, and sell my needlework at art fairs. And then I wake up.

1 Like

Where did you get that picture of me? The best muppet and sums me up perfectly.
Feel your inner Animal today and have a lovely day both.
Sam x

3 Likes

I finally got a decent photo of a hummingbird! We had at least 5 flitting around this afternoon. It’s unusual for them to perch on the feeder; usually they continue flapping their wings and just pause long enough to drink for a couple seconds.

4 Likes

Wow you get hummingbirds in your garden that’s amazing.
Thanks for the photo, I’m definitely getting a camera now. Although I don’t think the wildlife round here is quite as exciting.

1 Like