Spasticity, cramps, or spasms? Please help!

Hello everyone,

I have not been diagnosed with ms. I am waiting on an MRI because I developed what I think is Lhermitte’s about a month ago.

Lately I have been having a strange sensation in my thighs. Like a pressure or mild tightening in different parts of the thigh muscles. It’s only momentary and doesn’t hurt. My mind is going a little crazy with worry. Could this be the beginning of spasticity, cramps or spasms. Can anyone shed some light on this for me. Does spasticity, cramps, or spasms start mildly. I’m so worried.

Thank you for your time
Kaly

Hi @Kaly108, so many symptoms may or may not be MS and what you describe does sound like some type of cramping. Have you been referred to a neurologist or just for an MRI?

Hi @Rogue

Thank you for your reply. I have been referred for an MRI, my gp said it will take 6 months to a year to see a neuro.

I have to call my doctor and see if he can’t speed things up a little.

I’m scared and anxious.

Hi @Kaly108, I’m not surprised you are feeling nervous, experiencing any strange symptoms is worrying, you need answers whatever the cause.

I hope that if you have had the discussion with the doctor about seeing a neurologist he has referred you. I am waiting to see a neurologist myself and the referral went as urgent but was told at the time there would be a wait. I check the post every day, it is sending me crazy.

If you need to keep offloading your worries, here is the place to do it. Take care :blush:

@Rogue,

I hope you don’t have to wait too long. With an urgent referral you would think things would move faster.

Good luck I hope you hear soon :slightly_smiling_face: