Hello. (newbie)

Hi everyone.

Been reading posts here for a couple of days and have finally plucked up the courage to write one myself.

Well the thing with me is that I have been having odd symptoms for about the last 15 years now. These symptoms are: thigh muscles going into spasm (so bad that I have to have assistance up and down the stairs) this has happened 3 times. Neck stiffness on one side which travels down to my waist (this happens about twice a year). Neuralgia type pain down one side of my face and neck which feels like electric shocks (this comes and goes every few weeks). I also have this on my legs from time to time. Headaches in and around my right eye which last for about 2 days at a time (about once a month). I have also had flashing lights around the edges of my field of vision (only happened once). My most recent symptoms are being unable to empty my bladder properly and my little finger, ring finger, back of hands and side of my arms going numb. This is what prompted my doctor to refer me for a brain mri which I had 3 weeks ago (still waiting for results!).

Sorry if I have been moaning on a bit, I didn’t realise until I typed it all down! Just wanted to see what you guys thought. X

Hi Black Cat

It sounds like you’ve really gone through the mill. You’ve obviously got several symptoms that could be MS but only your neuro could really say. Any opinions on here can never substitute professional opinions so chase up your result.

Good luck

Adam

Hi Black Cat

It sounds like you’ve really gone through the mill. You’ve obviously got several symptoms that could be MS but only your neuro could really say. Any opinions on here can never substitute professional opinions so chase up your result.

Good luck

Adam

Hi Adam thanks for your reply,

Yes your right I should chase up my results but i’m kind of thinking (hoping) that no news is good news. I will probably give it another week and then call if I still don’t have my results.

The neuro that I saw wasn’t very nice. He was running late and I felt that I was rushed in, had a few pins stuck in me, had my reflexes tested and told that I seemed ok but he would do an mri to see if there was anything else going on!

I don’t know, maybe it’s just a trapped nerve or somthing. My doctor mentioned that it could be ms but it could also be a number of other things too. To be honest I have had these symptoms for so long now I have just learned to deal with them.

Hello Black cat.

Have you got an appointment to see your neuro regarding scan results?

You could ring neuro’s secretary and check to see if results are there.

I got my results from my gp two weeks after my scan. I have a good relationship with her…wouldn’t recommend it if you don’t relate well to your gp.

Sometimes it can take up to 6 weeks to get scan results via the neurologist.

Good luck, Noreen

Hello noreen,

Unfortunately I don’t have a follow up appointment yet. I didn’t realise that’s what happens until I read some of the posts on here. I will be getting my results via the neuro and I know from experience that it takes sooooooooo long to get any kind of results back so I’ve just got to play the waiting game.

I will keep you posted as soon as I hear anything.

Hope you are having a good day. X

If it’s any comfort, they will prioritise appointments if they find anything.

I had a spinal MRI after seeing the spinal unit and I was the referred to neurology, obviously I got a bit panicky at that point and my GP reassured me it was an urgent referral so when it came thru for a few months down the line I called my surgery,

They wrote to the hospital and I got a phonecall saying “we’ve been asked to bring your appointment forward” - 2 weeks later I saw the neuro!

It turns out that my spinal MRI showed multiple lesions, so they had a pretty good idea I had MS (and I know why my GP was very nice to me that day but also quite non-commital about why I was being referred!) - it just shows that they will hurry things up if they see a problem :slight_smile:

Good luck, at least you’ve had your brain MRI and that usually give a good indication of any problems

Sonia x

Hi Sonia,

Yeah thats kind of how i’m seeing things. Still, just have to wait and see. My hubby said that they probably just saw an empty void!! Hehe.

I’m glad that things moved quickly for you and you have your diagnosis, now at least you have a reason why you feel the way you do.

Have a great day. X