spasms

Hi just wondering if anyone suffers from chest spasms (rib area) seems like I’m going through an episode of these again, I have been up all night in agony,and very sore this morning, can’t cope any more, I’m yet to be dx but just wanted to know if there is anything I can take to ease them, I can only take paracetamol due to asthma. Thanks for listening

When you say you can only take paracetamol due to Asthma do you mean over the counter medication? You need to see your GP so he can prescribe you something. I take Baclofen for spasms but there are other drugs that can help. Your GP will know what you can safely take and what you should avoid. Good luck. Jan

Thanks for reply. Will phone gp today to see if they can give me anything, I suppose there isn’t anything you can by over the counter to help with this is there? Mandi

I wouldn’t have thought so specially as you can only take Paracetamol due to Asthma. You really shouldn’t be self prescribing. I sense a reluctance to see your GP if so perhaps you should consider seeing a different Doctor. Jan

Don’t like doctors and don’t want to waist anyone’s time, I’ve had many years of being fobbed off as if I’m making it up, this is a new doctors and seem really good as they have booked my scan and neurology appointment, just paranoid that they think I’m making it up, hope that makes sense, I have taken your advice and have managed to get an appointment for 10 am!! Fingers crossed they can help. Mandi

Yes It makes sense. Try not to worry, if you are anxious you will tense up and the muscles will feel worse. Tell the Doctor of your concerns regarding not being believed he will be able to reassure you. Good luck let us know how you get on. Jan x

Thank you for your kind words, will let you know what they say Mandi x

Been to docs and have been given amitriptyline 20mg a night if it doesn’t work then to go straight back, fingers crossed it helps, Mandi x

Aw that’s great Mandi, hope it works and you get a god nights sleep. Jan

Thanks me too :slight_smile: x