Soooo nervous

Stop leaving us in suspense Catherine! Teresa xx

Spill!!!

Kx

At last…sorry had a celebratory Chinese takeout for tea !! “New neuro”, as he will be forever named, was wonderful, in a “this is how I should feel after seeing the man who will accompany me through this journey” kind of way. Everything was explained and shared with respect, dignity and compassion. The damage is slap bang in the middle of my CNS which he described as, unlucky but he says, explains all the symptoms. He can’t promise to make things better because, as he said, if he had a magic pill to do that, he wouldn’t be a doctor but a millionaire !! He thinks that after 6 months I’m probably as good as I am going to be, which is a bit disappointing but somehow, with his support, I just feel a billion times more positive. I am so pleased my MS nurse " forced me" to seek a re referral and told me who to go for. Everything, although no better and no cure, just seems better. He wants me to up the amytriptyline to 50mg per day and start on gabapentin which he is going to write to my GP about so I can set up a rolling prescription at my local pharmacy. And…I start DMD’s as soon as I decide which one out of copaxone, rebif and avonex and has given me literature and a DVD to help me to decide. What a complete difference. Xx

Congratulations mrs H if thats appropriate, so glad you’ve found a Neuro you can have confidence in and can start to move forward. Take care, Debx

Aww that’s fab hun, it’s actually bought tears I’m so pleased for u that u’ve found someone who was willing to actually listen to u and help with all those questions n worries I wish u all the luck with ur new treatment plan Lou :slight_smile: xx

YAY! Soooooooo pleased you got a good 'un this time :slight_smile:

Do have a look at the msdecisions website about DMDs. It’s really helpful.

Kx

Good stuff Catherine. It really helps to have confidence in your neuro. I’m so glad it went well. Hope the change in meds really helps too. Teresa xx

Aw, that is some seriously good news, and like Lou, it brought tears to my eyes. So pleased you’re finally getting the support you deserve hun. Fantastic!

Mags xx

Excellent news, so great you feel positive and have confidence in your new Neuro :slight_smile: Mmmm Yummy Chinese :slight_smile: Sam x

That’s awesome news. Slightly off tangent as I’m not diagnosed but I got referred to another neuro as I wasn’t happy with the first and even though I wasn’t being given a diagnosis being listened to, involved, honesty and understanding make the world of difference. I’m so pleased for you that you found someone ready to support you on your MS journey.

Enjoy the chinese. Yum!

Reemz

X

Fantastic news Catherine, really pleased for you and YAY to feeling a billion times more positive!!!

Fizzy x

So glad you have got a good 'un. It restores one’s faith.

Alison#x

Thank you each and everyone. As some of you know, it’s been a dire few months, not just with the diagnosis, coming (well nearly) to terms with it, being off work, but also with personal, family things. Each of you have seen me through the good and the painful times with much needed support, advice and love. And to each and everyone of you, I say thanks from the very bottom of my heart.

On wards and upwards for you then Mrs H.

As Karen says it is well worth you spending time on the msdecisions site to help you decide on your DMD.

Take care

Pip