shingles

Hi everyone.Not to sure where to put this post.Thought i would try on here,instead of putting it in PPMS. 4 years ago i had shingles,pain horrendous,blisters lovely NOT. Last night i had a itch under my boob,didnt think much of that,today i have 2 itchy blisters,under the boob,in the same place where i had the last attack.I have been under alot of stress recently,Can you get shingles again.Dont mean to be thick but i dont know.

Any response will be appreciated.

Thank you

Kim

I’m male and I’m not sure, sorry - maybe your Doctor can help?

Marcus.

Yes, you can get shingles more than once. Sounds like it’s unusual to get it in the same place though. Here’s an extract from http://www.vzvfoundation.org/shingles&phn.html

"Can a person get shingles twice? If so, does it appear in the same place twice?
Yes, a person can get shingles twice–it recurs in an estimated one to five percent of patients–and it can reappear many years after the initial episode of shingles. If shingles strikes a second time, it will usually not appear in the same location. Most people who seem to experience multiple episodes of shingles are probably having recurrent infection with a related herpes simplex virus and not true shingles."

Karen x

Oh yes - you can - l have had shingles 3times - and it is horrendous. l have never had the herpes simplex[cold sores] - l do know that the virus lays dormant ready to attack. lts a miserable thing to get.

F.

Yes, I did twice, one year apart.