Scotlands point of view re Independance

Thanks Julsie & moggie,

I agree with you both and thanks for your replies. Yes the Jubilee is something to be proud of and am looking forward to it. Lets hope that one day we all get the same drugs available to whoever and where ever we live.

Janet

x

Which country? Do you mean England, Great Britain, or the United Kingdom?

Personally, I think that the Scots have had too much influence on England (Bliar and Brown on one side, MacMillan and Whitelaw on the other, for example. England does not have a national assembly. it used to have a Parliament, until the Scots took it over.

Home Rule for England!!

Geoff

TRY - http://www.acts-scotland.org/

action of churches ‘together for independance in SCOTLAND’.

Marcus.

hiya Janet, I’m a second generation born Scot of Irish background, the first call to independence on behalf of the Scottish tories (SNP) came from three celebreties, in the form of Sean Connery, Brian Cox and Alan Cummings, which of the three actually stay here, the SNP go on about the monies coming from the gas/oil fields in the north sea, they don’t mention will we have to pay the British/English government back for the bailout of a Scottish bank with record loses, how much will it cost to give ample protection to this country via new armed services/customs officers/passport controls, will we open up embassies in various countries, will these costs and more, be told, and last but certainly not least, will this country turn into another Northern Ireland with it’s sectrian hates, the SNP came up with the, a tartan is made of many colours, slogan, a few years ago, that’s true, but are the many different nationals/colours/creeds allow total freedom or will be ever, Brian

Ah the Barnett Formula, it was only a matter of time until that was brought up. I dont believe for a minute that if we were sponging off England, as some assert, the Barnett formula would continue in its current guise. Its all a matter of checks and balances, Scotland pays its way and there is no way Westminster would allow the current arrangements to continue unless there was a downside to us leaving the union and the downside is financial. I dont suggest we will be a rich country but I think we should take the chance to see if we can be a successful independent one.

Gary

Thank you Marcus, Brian, Gary and everyone who responded to my post, I appreciate your imput. I didn’t for one minute want it to become political in any way whatsoever but can appreciate your feelings.I for one feel sad to think that depending on which part of the country you live the medical care/allowances vary so much that as I believe we are all equal and deserve equal care no matter what.

Janet

x

I have to say I’m thoroughly ignorant of what benefit it is to be independent from the UK, however, England, Ireland, Wales and Scotland are all pretty small when you look at them seperately. I can’t see how any of us would become better off by doing that.