Sad

the clinical phycologist has now said I have a deep sadness in me, its hardly surprising as Im in constant pain, have had to accept a carer, i have struggled with these damn symptoms for 3 yrs and Im worn out,Ive also got to keep a record of childhood memories,are our past to blame for us being ill

((((((HUGS))))))

I know they don’t really do very much, but they are sent with love anyway.

Our minds, experiences and memories can play havoc with our bodies. Depression is a chemical change in our brains just as pain, paresthesia, in fact everything we see, feel, think and do is controlled by brain chemistry. Understanding what in our past might be contributing to things going wrong now really can help to make things better.

If I were you, I would do my very best to uncover anything that might be contributing to your pain. If there is nothing, well, at least you tried. If there is something, then just maybe it will make your life a bit easier.

Karen x

Ive tried to explain Ive never been depressed in my life until all this started,the trouble with some doctors they only think in side the box,I did give him quite a telling of, when he asked if my youngest daughter was a mistake, after 10yrs of infertility, a still birth numerous miscarriages, I dont have mistakes,good job Ive still got a gob on me

At least he knows now that you’ve still got some fire in your belly. I hope you feel better soon.

I found that we have to stand up for ourselves or we re just by passed ,

Hi lally I couldn’t agree more. Unfortunately it seems that those who make the most noise in this world get the furthest! Hope you manage to work through your sadness. Life is never easy and with this MonSter on top to contend with, it’s really tough. Thinking of you, Teresa xx

normally Im so quiet, I usually put up and shut up, but this illness had taken so much of my life away, Ive got no alternative only to fight for some help, or crawl in a corner and die,

Hi, I too am saddened by you post.

Can I pass on something which helped a relative of mine to deal with bad childhood memories (not saying anything about your`s mind). In later life, these memories suddenly came back to haunt her.

her counsellor told her to write a letter to the person who caused her distress…and then burn it.

She took the advice and cured herself of the problem.

Sounds easy and quick, but it probably wasn`t really.

look after yourself. Please dont crawl into a corner and die.............you know youre worth more than that, eh? We`re all here for you.

luv Pollx

Oh I say! Now that has got me chuffin` dander up!

Idiot docs…i`m dealing with some of them right now…waste of good skin, eh?

luv Pollx

I agree Poll, Im ill ,cant help it, what I need is help

[quote=“MS43”]

Hi, I too am saddened by you post.

Can I pass on something which helped a relative of mine to deal with bad childhood memories (not saying anything about your`s mind). In later life, these memories suddenly came back to haunt her.

her counsellor told her to write a letter to the person who caused her distress…and then burn it.

She took the advice and cured herself of the problem.

Sounds easy and quick, but it probably wasn`t really.

look after yourself. Please dont crawl into a corner and die.............you know youre worth more than that, eh? We`re all here for you.

luv Pollx

[/quote] I agree with the writing down of the things that hurt. I did this exercise some years ago …put the letter under my matress and read it a few years later…i laughed my head of it was so funny. it did take a few years mind you and a lot of toil and trouble…but the letter let me know how much I had moved on. Then I burned it.

xx Maria.

[quote=“lally”]

the clinical phycologist has now said I have a deep sadness in me, its hardly surprising as Im in constant pain, have had to accept a carer, i have struggled with these damn symptoms for 3 yrs and Im worn out,Ive also got to keep a record of childhood memories,are our past to blame for us being ill

[/quote] I was brought up in an irish catholic family and our way was if a problem presented that couldnt be resolved we went out in the garden and had a good old fisty cuffs. Very often it was the parents/elders in the family who refereed to make sure not to much damage was done…hence stopping things at what was deemed to be a satisfactory point …and shaking hands.

All well and good. (We had at least vented our bad feelings and had some for of closure even if you lost the fisty cuffs)

For many a year now we are told to talk things through to sort out our differences.

All well and good

Sadly though not everyone is well versed in how to do this and so very often all our anxieties, frustrations and hurts build up inside…

They are bound to want to vent at some time in our lives and so play havoc with our weekest points whether that is physical or psychological. And oh boy does it hurt…I would say a lot more so than any fisty cuffs I ever had…But life is such…what do you do for the best eh?

Hope you find your own way very soon and start to feel better take care xx Maria.

PS. I am not condoning physical violence…but as animals it is what is in our nature…and nature can be very hard to overcome as we all know…hence some of the awful symptoms we suffer.

I think being ill, gives you the time and space to think of all the bad things that have happened in our lives, it also makes us very vunerable, Ive gone through alot infertility stillbirth misscarriages very difficult labours, Ive always picked myelf and dusted myself of,none of it has killed me, but this illness has knocked me for six, to be this disabled but not given a name for it, shunted from one medic to another[ great but i cant get out of bed to go and see them] having to spend every penny of our life savings just to survive for the last 3 yrs, trying still to be mum, but seeing that roll slipping away from me, losing friends I havent been out socially for 18months as my mobility is awful im now doubly incontantent, so if I wasnt depressed before I am now,still Ill go on, Im not dying , my lifes rubbish but Im still here