Forum

Rubbish sleep.....

I was woken up at 1.30, then again at 2… Got up at 3 and pretty much that’s it for last night. I crashed out quite quickly last night but now feel über washed out and wrecked… Can’t stay I’m bed so I got up and stuck a chicken in a pot and it’s now happerly boiling on the stove… I have checked my blood sugar, mistake, tidied the kitchen and gotten my daughter off to school. I have rasped my feet (badly) and applied some flexitol also taken my med’s. Fed the dog and kicked her outside for her morning ablutions and made three cups of tea. I am now sitting in my wheelchair by the back door listening to the wind and the rain in the garden… What do you do when you can’t sleep but everybody else in the family can? Ps it was my wife who woke me up, and just like Bagpuss, once my wife is awake, everybody is awake… Pps I am not in anyway comparing my wife to Bagpuss… That would be unfair to Bagpuss.

I wake up 3-4 per night… it drives me mad. I usually end up watching TV :frowning:

I start on a book/talking book. No use lying there while my various sins of omission and commission go round in my head on a loop. Hope your get a better night tonight Alison x.

Normally Tilly I am fine, my Amitriptyline does the job and I am away… But if I am disturbed I find it hard to get back to sleep. Alison, I have never been one to wake up and read or watch tv etc. Before bed never an issue, but if I wake at night I tend to potter about doing stuff. This has lead to issues in the past, so I tend not to potter near the cooker or as this morning I left it late so my daughter would be up. Still sat by the back door with my IPhone and yet more Tea… It very windy here…

Much the same here. After two better nights, that I thought were because I’d given the codeine a miss, last night was back to normal. I woke up at 4 a.m, under the impression I had a flight to catch - which was not welcome news, I can assure you! Apparently, I was going to Italy. Much as I’d love to go to Italy, I certainly didn’t want to set off at 4 o’clock this morning, in the wind and rain. The impression was so convincing, I even thought I’d forgotten to tell people here I had to go to away, and thought I must log on to tell you all. Obviously, I must have been more than half dreaming, but I’ve no idea where it came from. I wasn’t even actively considering going to Italy, or thinking about planes, or anything. :? Tina

Funny you say that Tina, when I was woken at 1.30 this morning I was convinced there was somebody standing next to my bedroom door. I even tried to kick them… Before the being asked “what the hell was I doing”… However Italy sounds better than were I am at the moment as it is blowing a hooley and raining cats and dogs… I imagine the garden is a mess…

Anitra wrote:

Much the same here. After two better nights, that I thought were because I’d given the codeine a miss, last night was back to normal. I woke up at 4 a.m, under the impression I had a flight to catch - which was not welcome news, I can assure you! Apparently, I was going to Italy. Much as I’d love to go to Italy, I certainly didn’t want to set off at 4 o’clock this morning, in the wind and rain. The impression was so convincing, I even thought I’d forgotten to tell people here I had to go to away, and thought I must log on to tell you all. Obviously, I must have been more than half dreaming, but I’ve no idea where it came from. I wasn’t even actively considering going to Italy, or thinking about planes, or anything. :? Tina, my Ladybird book of dream interpretation says that planes=sex. So does pretty much everything else, admittedly Alison x. Tina

alison100 wrote:

Anitra wrote:

Much the same here. After two better nights, that I thought were because I’d given the codeine a miss, last night was back to normal. I woke up at 4 a.m, under the impression I had a flight to catch - which was not welcome news, I can assure you! Apparently, I was going to Italy. Much as I’d love to go to Italy, I certainly didn’t want to set off at 4 o’clock this morning, in the wind and rain. The impression was so convincing, I even thought I’d forgotten to tell people here I had to go to away, and thought I must log on to tell you all. Obviously, I must have been more than half dreaming, but I’ve no idea where it came from. I wasn’t even actively considering going to Italy, or thinking about planes, or anything. :? Tina, my Ladybird book of dream interpretation says that planes=sex. So does pretty much everything else, admittedly Alison x. Tina

Alison, Haha, guess that’s more likely to be unfulfilled wish than prophecy, sadly. I do have a rather yummy pen-pal in Greece, and keep hoping he might invite me over. So maybe Italy somehow got substituted for Greece. But I was quite put out about it, so it doesn’t sound like a trip I was looking forward to. Does your book say anything about glittering spiders, by the way, because I’m sure there was one of those in the room the other night! I just know “spiders” is going to be sex again! Tina x

Anitra wrote:

alison100 wrote:

Anitra wrote:

Much the same here. After two better nights, that I thought were because I’d given the codeine a miss, last night was back to normal. I woke up at 4 a.m, under the impression I had a flight to catch - which was not welcome news, I can assure you! Apparently, I was going to Italy. Much as I’d love to go to Italy, I certainly didn’t want to set off at 4 o’clock this morning, in the wind and rain. The impression was so convincing, I even thought I’d forgotten to tell people here I had to go to away, and thought I must log on to tell you all. Obviously, I must have been more than half dreaming, but I’ve no idea where it came from. I wasn’t even actively considering going to Italy, or thinking about planes, or anything. :? Tina, my Ladybird book of dream interpretation says that planes=sex. So does pretty much everything else, admittedly Alison x. Tina

Alison, Haha, guess that’s more likely to be unfulfilled wish than prophecy, sadly. I do have a rather yummy pen-pal in Greece, and keep hoping he might invite me over. So maybe Italy somehow got substituted for Greece. But I was quite put out about it, so it doesn’t sound like a trip I was looking forward to. Does your book say anything about glittering spiders, by the way, because I’m sure there was one of those in the room the other night! I just know “spiders” is going to be sex again! Tina x

Better send you a PM about the glittering spiders. Wouldn’t want to scandalize board users of a delicate disposition. A x

blush And I out of here… :shock:

I don’t spend enough time on this site you are all mad and its wonderful… Take care, M

strudders wrote:

I was woken up at 1.30, then again at 2… Got up at 3 and pretty much that’s it for last night. I crashed out quite quickly last night but now feel über washed out and wrecked… Can’t stay I’m bed so I got up and stuck a chicken in a pot and it’s now happerly boiling on the stove… I have checked my blood sugar, mistake, tidied the kitchen and gotten my daughter off to school. I have rasped my feet (badly) and applied some flexitol also taken my med’s. Fed the dog and kicked her outside for her morning ablutions and made three cups of tea. I am now sitting in my wheelchair by the back door listening to the wind and the rain in the garden… What do you do when you can’t sleep but everybody else in the family can? Ps it was my wife who woke me up, and just like Bagpuss, once my wife is awake, everybody is awake… Pps I am not in anyway comparing my wife to Bagpuss… That would be unfair to Bagpuss.

:lol: :lol: :lol: I find a hot water bottle invaluable for my frozen feet and a couple of years ago my daughter bought me a Bagpuss hot water bottle cover. The very thought of sticking my freezing (probably smelly :o ) feet on top of Bagpuss was just too much… I didn’t do it, like you, I felt it would have been unfair to Bagpuss :wink: When it is the middle of the night and I am awake I play mah jongg on line and listen to Radio 3 or Classic FM, sometimes it helps me get back to sleep :slight_smile: , sometimes not :frowning: V