Got out of bed wrong side!

Do you ever have days like this? OK, it’s MS - I know you do.

Woke up at 4 a.m. with pain and feeling cold (4 a.m. is about the time all the bedtime drugs wear off). Tried reading a bit, and listening to the radio, but couldn’t settle back to sleep.

Eventually got up about 6 a.m, popped some diazepam, and returned to bed. Diazepam must have helped, and I drifted off.

Then woken again at ten-to-nine, by a terrific hammering on the door, which gave me a real fright. I had to jump out of bed with no time to come to, throw on a dressing-gown, and run downstairs.

It was only a courier with a parcel - which I’d been waiting for - so in one sense glad he woke me, and didn’t just leave a “Sorry you were out” note.

However, I’ve not stopped shaking since - out of all proportion to the fright or disturbance.

Decided to go back to bed, as it’s obviously going to be “one of those days”.

Had not been there very long, and again just drifted off, when the phone rang. It’s my friend, to tell me she’s getting divorced.

I think I was a bit more upset than she was, because she’s a very pragmatic type, and very much of the opinion: “Well, s*d him and good riddance - I feel relieved, as I wasn’t very happy anyway”. She certainly didn’t sound as if she was sobbing down the phone.

She has hinted more than once that they’ve had their problems, but I thought it was just the normal stuff most couples have. I didn’t see this coming. Feel sad, as I liked him. Seems it’s very acrimonious, and they’re not even speaking. They’ve obviously had to sell the house and divide the proceeds, and she’s got nowhere to go, and has moved in with her daughter and son-in-law, which, although they all get on, can’t be ideal for any of them.

None of which is technically anything to do with me, but seems to have shaken me up further, on top of the rude awakening. Also, my throat isn’t right, and hasn’t been for a few days. It’s not hugely painful, but tickly and scratchy, and looks red raw in the mirror.

I can’t seem to get back on the right track today, and am still sitting here in my dressing-gown, trembling and popping pills (ibuprofen & paracetamol for the throat and possible temperature, diazepam for spascticity and anxiety). Merde!

Tina

x

Ah T, this isnt like you…but with such a rotten start to your day, maybe a full duvet day is called for, eh?

About your friend…if she has already left her husband, sold the house and moved in with her daughter…then the situation isnt as new to her, as it is to you…hence the way she told you!

Careful with how many pills you pop and I hope for a better day for you tomorrow.

luv Pollx

hi tina

i have days like these too.

that shaking like a leaf also.

i was never timid before ms and i don’t consider myself to be timid now but its a sense of vulnerability that p*sses me right off.

enjoy an unplanned duvet day

take care

carole xx

Ah T, this isnt like you…but with such a rotten start to your day, maybe a full duvet day is called for, eh?

About your friend…if she has already left her husband, sold the house and moved in with her daughter…then the situation isnt as new to her, as it is to you…hence the way she told you!

Careful with how many pills you pop and I hope for a better day for you tomorrow.

luv Pollx

No, I know it’s not like me! Three times not like me, eh Poll? :wink:

Don’t worry, none of the pills are anything I haven’t been prescribed, and I’m not over the stated dose with any of them. Just don’t usually need quite so many in the day, and not just at night. Maybe is just a throat infection, but dunno where I catch these things, when I hardly ever go anywhere.

The divorce is a funny business. Maybe I got the wrong end of the stick about the house, as it can’t have all been settled yet - apparently this has all been since Christmas, as they were still together then. So only about a month!

Apparently he just announced one day he didn’t want to be with her any more, and she said: “Well don’t you want to talk about it?” and he said no. Her daughter came to pick her up, and her stuff, the same day.

I say I didn’t see it coming, but I suppose I’m not really surprised. My friend has never been very complimentary about her husband, considering he was the man she was supposed to love. She always seemed to assume he was really lucky to have her, and that she’d been the making of him, rather than the other way round. To me, that’s not the way it feels when you really love someone - you’re thinking about all the reasons he is special, not all the ways you’ve been special to him. I think she thought she was a great catch, and had shown him new horizons he’d never have explored by himself, and that sort of thing. But it doesn’t look like he wanted her “new horizons”, and wanted to stay doing his own thing.

T.

x

Tina,

l very rarely stay in bed - but the odd morning when the weather is dreadful - and my bed still warm - and a good book to read. l have, after feeding the dogs and letting them up the paddock for a good run - then decided to return to my ‘pit’ with a lovely cup of coffee, and the dogs. Then - l know its sod’s law - but just as l get settled the phone will ring or someone rings the doorbell. And like you - l hate it when the parcel couriers leave a note to say you have to re-arrange delivery or you have to collect from the PO. l have got most of them trained as to where they can leave parcels without knocking the door.

A dear friend of mine, often rings early in the morning. to tell me she has been awake for hours as she cant sleep!!!

This morning l had a call from my daughter - very distressed - as she found that some rotters had tried to steal her car - all the locks damaged so badly - that she can’t drive it as the doors will not stay closed. She is waiting for the police to send someone to do the fingerprints. l bet she wished she had stayed in bed! l did offer to get dressed and go and fetch her and drive her to work - but she insisted that she would get her bike out.

Hope you are feeling a bit better by now - have a gargle with salt water to calm down your sore throat. l think your settee and a duvet will be the best place to be.

What is it about 4am - l think many of us seem to awake at that time. Be handy if we worked at a wholesale market or were early morning news presenters.

Oh, Tina

Merde indeed! I’m glad to see foreign words aren’t filtered as I have an unhealthy stock of them. (Signs of a mis-spent youth)

One thing I can always be certain of is that bad days just get worse. Snuggle back under the duvet with a good book or catch up on some sleep.

I was rudely woken the other Saturday by the postie delivering my medication from the hospital. It has to be signed for and is guaranteed to arrive before midday. The only way they can do that now is to bang loudly on my door at 7.30 am on a Saturday because the post never arrives normally before 1pm so the postman had to come to me before he started his round. I was not impressed … weekends are my only possible lie ins.

Keep an eye on that throat. It’s exactly the way my rotten cold started. My throat was a little tickly, not even really sore. Then I vomited twice, fell asleep and woke up with a really bad chest! Two weeks later I am still congested and coughing … When you are feeling able to I would pop to the shops and arm yourself with every cough and cold remedy you are able to take (which, if you are like me, is probably quite restricted due to all the other medication it may interact with!) At the moment we have 10% of the school community off with something similar (including staff).

I’m sorry to hear of your friend’s divorce. Sadly, although your friend is okay with it, it does mean that you are still losing a friend (her husband). When they have been in your life for a number of years as a couple, you grow to like their partner and see them as a friend too. It’s perfectly natural to be shocked and, in a way, to grieve for that loss.

Hoping you’re feeling better soon.

Tracey xx

Sounds like a rough day , i hope it all eases for you soon and hopefully tomorrow is a better day for you

sheep x

Sounds like a rough day , i hope it all eases for you soon and hopefully tomorrow is a better day for you

sheep x

Yes Tina! We all get days like you mention. I just give in and reach for the Thornton’s chocolate…bit of on-line shopping :wink: Whatever your weakness is…go for it :smiley: No disrespect to your friend but the guy sounds like he deserves better. Noreen x

Hi Frances, I am sorry to read about your daughter`s car problem.

luv Pollx

There are definitely days when staying warm and cozy and shutting out the world is the only option. This is your day for that Tina.

Noreen has it sorted - chocolate and on-line shopping.

Take care hun - I hope you feel better tomorrow.

Lots of hugs

JBK xx