RRMS how much do your symptoms improve?

Hi

I was diagnosed with RRMS in October this year after what I know now was my second big relapse.

The first relapse happened in June 2017 steadily improved until December when it worsened then vanished in May 2018. In July 2018 I had my second significant relapse, which left me pretty much unable to use my left hand. It’s much better than it was but not close to normal.

My question is what are other people’s experiences with RRMS and how much do you improve in-between relapses?

I know everyone’s symptoms are different and not comparable but I am curious what you are experiencing.

Looking forward to hearing from you.

Nicola

Hi Nicola

My MS nurse told me it can be weeks, months, sometimes up to 18 months for symptoms to recover from a relapse but each relapse usually leaves you with ‘something’ you didn’t have before. I had a relapse recently which lasted 4 weeks (numbness and pain down left hand side but I have now nearly full recovered from it. (Took a couple of months but got better gradually)

Sam

1 Like

i started with a numb foot, which spread to the other foot and both hands.

they all recovered except for the original numbness in one foot, which i still have 10 years later.

to be honest, they have become my new normal and i’m aware of them without noticing them as much.

as you said, everyone experiences everything differently so your experience may be different to mine.

1 Like