Resolutions for 2012!

OK here we go. What are your resolutions for 2012???

Mine are:

1. Stick to the no-smoking. Tomorrow will be 3 month anniversary of quitting a 44 year habit! (AND I’ve got through Xmas without a fag!)

2. Stop feeling guilty about not working. I can’t work. I’m too unwell to work. Nobody would employ me anyway. I am going to drop the guilt.

3. Stop worrying about being fat. I’ve just given up smoking. I can’t worry about weight. I’ll go mad.

4. Don’t worry. Be happy (I have that one every year but don’t always remember it).

Sooooooo what are yours???

Pat

My only resolution…

Happy New Year everyone, wishing for you everything you would wish for yourselves.

xx

Wonderful Mintel… thanks!

Px

Morning Pat,

Oh dear, I always find this so depressing. I can’t stick to them.

I’m going to try to do my physio regularly - honestly, I am.

You’d think trying to stay mobile would be incentive enough, but somehow, it just isn’t. I hate the exercises, and find them such a chore, and a bore.

I will try, this time. Not least because I want to be sure whether they really do make a difference. Sometimes, I think the reason I get discouraged is that I don’t notice any benefit. But that’s a vicious circle, because there won’t be any benefit unless I stick to them.

T.

x

I’m going to be more assertive and not let people take advantage of my good nature like I’ve been doing. Also, pick up in the garden after the dog more often - after spending the best part of an hour with the kitchen bin, shovel and cat litter scoop, I can barely walk!

I need a minion!!

Happy New Year when it comes,

Luisa x

Hi Pat

Starting tomorrow I am going to think this each day (I hope)

Yesterday is the past (cant change that, so wont worry)

Tomorrow is the future (who knows what that holds, so wont worry)

Today is the present…live for today, and enjoy.

So I suppose I am saying I am not going to worry! Well, put it this way, I am going to try hard not to.

Have a good New Year Pat.

Pam

Hello everyone HAPPY NEW YEAR My new year resolutions are.

To stop feeling sorry for myself & realise that no matter how I am feeling there are people suffering a lot more than me. not just people With MS.

To try a healthy diet, as this may help with my symptoms. ( ANY RECOMMENDATIONS OF DIETS WHICH PEOPLE THINK MAY HAVE HELPED)

TO try to exercise more even if I don’t feel like it.

To get out more when I get any offers of help ( as I cannot go out unassisted) jump at the chance.

Not to cry as much when I am feeling sorry for myself. In other words anything to help improve my health.

SYLVIA

[quote=“PatB”]

OK here we go. What are your resolutions for 2012???

Mine are:

1. Stick to the no-smoking. Tomorrow will be 3 month anniversary of quitting a 44 year habit! (AND I’ve got through Xmas without a fag!)

2. Stop feeling guilty about not working. I can’t work. I’m too unwell to work. Nobody would employ me anyway. I am going to drop the guilt.

3. Stop worrying about being fat. I’ve just given up smoking. I can’t worry about weight. I’ll go mad.

4. Don’t worry. Be happy (I have that one every year but don’t always remember it).

Sooooooo what are yours???

Pat

[/quote] I so agree with you Pat, not about the smoking as I don’t smoke but to stop b…worrying it only makes the MS worse.

Happy New Year

Wendy

x

My resolutions for 2012 are:

1. Take ldn.
  2. Visit the gym regularly and exercise within my capabilities.
  3. Eat a sensible low fat diet like Swank/Jelinek and include lots of fruit, vegetables and oily fish.
  4. Under no circumstances vote for the Old Etonian Party, or their human shield.
  5. Avoid marriage and keep my house.

In short, continue in pretty much the same way as every other year.

Brilliant news about your smoking ban and hope you buy something nice with the proceeds.

Hi Pat, like the sound of your ideas.

Mine is to keep my calm…whatever MS throws at me. It might be difficult at times, but I`m gonna give it a good old try.

Happy New Year, my friend.

luv POllx

Hey Pat Congratulations on 3 months without cigarettes after 44 years! That is awesome - you should be really proud! I ought to try at least one New Year Resolution but can’t think of any that I think will really benefit me (or others). Truth be told I’m feeling rather apathetic! Happy New Year Teresa xx

Hi Teresa, Im sending you some of my calm`. Can you feel it?

luv Pollx

Hi Everyone,

All good resolutions!!

As for me, well 2011 has been a rubbish year: I was diagnosed with RRMS in July this year, my husband lost his job, my work are going through a staff restructuring, I’m currently off sick with a relapse and my Dad’s health has been poor :frowning:

So my resolutions for 2012 are:

To be more positive thinking and try not to stress so much!

Happy New Year everyone on this great site, hope 2012 brings us all health stability, and love, warmth and smiles :slight_smile:

Julie X

Mine is to get back to my healthy eating and the gym and do what I can to the best of my ablity I’ve been doing that the last few years and have been doing great the last few months I’ve let it all slip and put on a little weight and feel the fatigue coming back and can just feel unhealthy and the weight on my legs I can’t walk as well as I do when I’m exercising.

Mark x

These are all great! Good luck with them everyone! And Pat well done on stopping smoking. As for me, well I am going to make the same resolution as last year…and the year before…and the year before, and try to use my washing machine more economically, because I don’t think it has ever washed a full load because I switch it on for a quick wash even if I just have 1 or 2 items. But, I can imagine that by this time tomorrow, I will probably be on my second wash of the day…at least, lol. Cheryl:)

Hi Julie, good luck with your New Year resolutions…even in such difficult circumstances.

luv Pollx

Proud of all you people and your wonderful resolutions… and those who don’t have resolutions, not to worry. That could actually be your resolution… NOT to have resolutions.

Happy New Year everyone.

Lots of love, Pat xxx