Forum

physio and fatigue

Hello everyone, Monday saw me go to my first ms physio class. Various exercises at 2mins each with four levels to boot. During the hour we managed 7 different exercises. This accumulated to 14mins, mostly at a lowly level one for me. However, to say I was exhausted is an understatement. My fatigue and muscle pain was like nothing else on earth. I can’t believe that I once used to run round an a&e dept but now can’t barely manage 14mins of repetative movement. Boooooo to this crappy disease!!! :frowning:

hi vinnygirl

i’ve had a session at the gym with a group of neuro patients and 2 physios, that was yesterday.

today i’ve had hydrotherapy with the same group of neuro patients and 2 other physios.

i know what you mean - i’ve had to redefine my idea of fatigue!

but physio is the only way we can give this crappy disease the finger!!

now i’m watching 3 episodes of coronation street that were recorded.

cuppa and a biscuit and now i’m happy!

carole x

I’ve been going on a cross-trainer (sort of cross-country skiing thing) most days since I read about exercise as a cure for MS fatigue at the beginning of the year. I’m definitely less tired in general than I was (and my feet are no longer cold). But everything is worse just after I’ve been on it - really hard even to walk. I have faith that it’s helping, so I keep doing it.

I’m in the middle of a six week session one to one with Neuro Physio. To be honest I’m finding it hard going, if I do everything he wants me to do it takes me a full day to recover. He was off sick today and the lady replacement I had has told me to reduce the number of repetitions I have been doing and to stagger the exercises throughout the day…Phew that’s a relief !!

When the six weeks has finished I’m to start a Neuro group exercise class, which I’m looking forward to in the hope it encourages me, I’ve never been a fan of exercise, I never did get the adrenaline rush others talk of even when I was fit

Friday I start a fatigue management course held by the same physio I had today, it’s just as well I no longer work (officially retire Dec 23rd) I don’t know how I’d fit it in !! Talking of which I called to the office after physio to hand back my work mobile and other stuff, had lunch with my manager and a colleague which was very nice. I miss the company but quite frankly I don’t miss work one little bit.

Well done all for the classes and gym work, I need the motivation and it good to read of the things others are doing

Jan x

Thank you for all your replies. I’m glad I’m not alone doing exercises with a physio-terrorist!! Hahaha. Keep up the good work everyone :slight_smile: xx Julie xx