Personal Independent Payment

Hi I would be interested to receive others’ experience of the PIP assessment process. I had a “lifetime” award but have not yet been called for assessment. I have received notification that it is time to choose a new car from Motobility but am unsure as what to do as I know that the vehicle will be removed if my assessment is unsuccessful. Many thanks

Hello

one thing to bear in mind is if you continue with motability and the PIP awarded is not enhanced rate mobility then motability will give back a pro-ratasd recent age of any down payment plus upto £2000 towards a replacement vehicle. If you do not carry on with the scheme they will not give anything.

you should be assessed by October 2017.

As a side note when I moved to PIP I kept top rate mobility.

paul

I was on DLA highest rate for mobility and middle rate for help with personal care indefinitely.

Now on PIP highest rate for both, but only granted for three years.

Good luck xx

I agree with Russo. Go ahead with the new car. I have read about the arrangements should you not get high PIP for mobility.

I was given DLA indefinitely back in 2008.

Still waiting for my call up papers!

Pollx

Hi Jen,just a wee tip. Make sure your having a very bad day when you go. I was honest and said i was having a good day that day and could walk with my 2 sticks. I also told the woman i can hardly get up some days but i got accessed on how i was for the 30 mins i was in and have now got to fight for a change of circumstances in my PIP claim. Don’t make the same mistake as i did. Hope it all goes well for you…Terry

OOPS forgot to change my pic back smiley[quote=“T e r r y”]

Hi Jen,just a wee tip. Make sure your having a very bad day when you go. I was honest and said i was having a good day that day and could walk with my 2 sticks. I also told the woman i can hardly get up some days but i got accessed on how i was for the 30 mins i was in and have now got to fight for a change of circumstances in my PIP claim. Don’t make the same mistake as i did. Hope it all goes well for you…Terry

[/quote]