Oxybutinin.

Hello everybody,

my bladder nurse has just told me she is going to ask my GP to prescribe oxybutinin for me. I would like to find out anybody’s personal experiences with this drug. I know everybody is different & some will have good experiences & some not so good. I will try it because I cannot learn any other way than by trying it myself. But would still be grateful for others experience with this drug. Thank you in advance. Sylvia ps she says I have a neurogenic bladder due to frequency and urgency passing urine. Bladder scan showed my bladder was empty after I had passed urine.

Improved things for a while, one of four I’ve tried so far.

I was rescribed this about 7 years ago and it was very successful for a couple of years. Then since retiring I only used to use
it if was going out somewhere.
In the last year I have started using a different drug as I was finding the Oxybutinin was not having any affect on my
“irritable bladder” anymore.
But I would say go for it!
It worked for me for a few years anyway and I don’t recall having any side effects!

Take Care

Steve.

Hi, I was on it for years and found it helpful, apart from a very dry mouth. The solution was to always have a bottle of water with me.

pollx

Thank you for replies everyone, I will try it for myself. You have all helped me to decide.

Sylvia.

HI

Tried this drug, but, like others, got a very dry mouth and it really didn’t help urgency much. Read about Betmiga on this forum. Amazing !

bladder normal after a few days and no side effects. If your drug doesn’t work or you have side effects, Betmiga is certainly worth a try.

john

HI

Tried this drug, but, like others, got a very dry mouth and it really didn’t help urgency much. Read about Betmiga on this forum. Amazing !

bladder normal after a few days and no side effects. If your drug doesn’t work or you have side effects, Betmiga is certainly worth a try.

john