Numbness in chin, lower lip, upper lip, and check

Two weeks ago I woke up with a cold and a slightly numb feeling on my right cheek. The cold went away but the numbness/tingling has intensified. It started off intermittently but now it is constant. It also moves around my face. Currently I can feel numbness and tingling to the left of my mouth and in my chin area. However, I have felt it on my right side, under my chin, occasionally in my neck, and across my upper lip. Additionally, the area directly below my right nostril is completely numb and I have intermittent numbness in my big toe. To add insult to injury, night sweats started 2 nights ago. I’m at a loss! Google tells me it’s either cancer or MS. My GP doesn’t seem to take it seriously but had me do a CT scan to help ease my anxiety. She also prescribed me Gabapentin and anxiety medicine, none of which have helped my symptoms. I guess I’m posting here to see if anyone else has experienced similar symptoms prior to a MS diagnosis? I’m waiting for the CT scan results and if there is nothing present, only then will my GP give me a referral to neurology. I did have blood tests run and the only thing that stood out was low vitamin D.

I’m sick with worry that I have cancer or MS. I have a six month old baby and all I can think about is missing out on her life.

Dear KC,
Welcome to the forum and I hope you can find some reassurance here.
None of us can tell you what
Is causing your symptoms. But I do sympathise. I understand waiting for results can be stressful. I had MS for at least 10 years before diagnosis.

You can call the MS Society helpline also. They are excellent.
Please let us know how you got on with results if you want to.

I am thinking of you and your family.

Take care

Crystal