Now its time to apply for warm home fuel grant

If you are on certain benefits like essa, dla, income support,pention credit, contact your gas and electricity company ask them for a warm home grant form, this is £125 to be awarded and is credited to your winter elecric bill, usually in january.

Some power companys do this automaticly if you have had this in previous years but with others you have to fill the form in and send proof of your benefits back to them, every year.

I just thought i would put a reminder on for people so no one misses out on this as its not widley advertised.

Barbara.xx

Thanks Barbara, ive just rung British gas and they state because Im not on pension guaranteed credit Ive automatically been credited by the amount and am likely to get some money back as ive still got some left from last years amount, so good news all round.

I hope others also check because its money not to be sniffed at.

thanks a milliion.

bren

xx

I’m not entitled with npower because I don’t claim ESA or JSA. So if I was unemployed and still getting DLA, I’d get it. Annoying

Would this be regardless of my hubby’s income ?

Yes and even better, it’s more than that…£135!

Sorry Mrs H i dont know that answer, all you can do is ring your supplier and ask. I hope you get it.

Barbara.xx

[quote=“yawn”] Good to hear Bren happy to be of service. Barbara.xx

Thanks Barbara, ive just rung British gas and they state because Im not on pension guaranteed credit Ive automatically been credited by the amount and am likely to get some money back as ive still got some left from last years amount, so good news all round.

I hope others also check because its money not to be sniffed at.

thanks a milliion.

bren

xx

[/quote]

Thanks. Will ring tomorrow and let you know. Xx

I’m still awaiting PIP application outcome but I will look at this once I know.

Thanks

Sonia x

I enquired with British Gas who were my previous provider and wasn’t eligible with them at the time, although they may have changed their criteria since.

However, I am now with Eon and am eligible with them (apparently every supplier sets their own criteria apart from the government standard). I claim DLA lowest care rate and Working Tax Credits. Have filled in the online form and am waiting to hear. I posted a thread about it last week. Even better, I now live in a modern house and my heating bills have halved anyway :slight_smile:

Tracey

Sorry Elmo must have missed your post, glad your gonna get it now, and it cant harm putting it on again the more people that know about this the better.

I wjshed i lived in a more modern house ive got concrete floors and ceilings so its very cold in winter and i use blankets alot when i cant afford the heating, so every litte penny hels as they say.

Barbara.xx

That’s okay Barbara, I quite agree, the more that know the better. I probably didn’t use a very good heading, I can’t even remember what I called it now!

Tracey x

Hi all Just checked with my supplier and with them you’re only eligible if you’re on means tested benefits. :((

Thats a shame mrs h but it was worth checking sorry you cant get it .Barbara.xx

Nah, t’was a good tip. Typical BGas !! I’ll just have to wait until I’m 65… Gives me something to hang on for !! Xx

Thanks for this tip. l do get the high rate DLA - and l am over 65. So shall see what l am entitiled to.

Thanks for the heads up. I wasn’t aware of it but my energy company was (Southern Electric). They are sending me application forms to see if I’m entitled.

It’s worth changing suppliers just to get the grant. I know it seems like a lot of bother but the suppliers generally sort it all out for you. I used to be with British Gas and I wasn’t eligible with them either. When I first switched to Eon last year, they were running a tariff which guaranteed to always undercut British Gas for 2 years. That ends this October so I have just switched to a fixed rate tariff for 2 years as I’m fairly sure the price of fuel isn’t going to go down! I am also now eligible for the fuel grant so have filled in an online form. Their website is so easy to use.

Tracey

There’s a thought, Tracey, thanks.

For anyone with Eon here’s the link to their online form

https://www.eonenergy.com/for-your-home/saving-energy/need-little-extra-help/warm-home-discount/warm-home-discount-form

Tracey x