Warm home payments

Hi, I hope you’re all well. Just a quick message for the newer members in the UK. I have mentioned it before but we’ve had a few new members who might not know it’s available as it’s not widely advertised.

If you’re on an income less than £16,000 a year and in receipt of benefits you may be eligible for warm home payments, an amount of £140, from your electricity supplier to help with the cost of fuel for winter. It’s a scheme set out by the government to help those on a low income to heat their homes.

Each supplier has different criteria but if you look on their websites they should have a list and instructions on how to apply. They are accepting applications now for this year, so it may be worth a look, you’ve got nothing to lose. It won’t cover the entire bills but it definitely helps.

Take care.

Cath

3 Likes

Thanks so much for the reminder Cath…thanks to you I checked last year and got a credit but in the interim I’d totally forgotten!

Hope you’re doing well at the moment,

Take care,

Nina x

2 Likes

Thanks Cath, I could do with you at home, you are good at remembering things!

Hope all is OK for you and your daughter.

Pam x

1 Like

Thanks ladies. I have to admit that I only remembered because my very responsible energy supplier sent me an e mail telling me I could claim it again now if my circumstances remain the same. A pat on the back to British Gas.

Cath x

2 Likes

Oh Cath your explanation has shattered my illusion of you! …here was I thinking what a fantastic memory you have lol

My anti depressants and CBT must be working…I’ve found my wicked sense of humour again.

Pam x

1 Like

Great news Pam. I’m going to really disappoint you now - I remembered that but just had a massive jolt, I’d forgotten to tax my car and it expires tomorrow!!! It hit me when I saw the date on this page. Fortunately we can do almost anything while cooking tea.

At least with ms I’ve got the excuse that my brain really is a sieve. That reminded me to make a note on my calendar for something next week. I’m really losing the plot but your comment was so kind.

Take care

Cath x

1 Like

Pam, I’m so glad you’re sense of humour has re emerged,

Take care,

Nina xx

2 Likes