New forums and bump amnesty

Morning all

Apologies

First of all, our apologies for yesterday’s technical issues. We rolled out some improvements across the whole site on Sunday. As a result we came across a bug which didn’t show up in our testing last week.

We’ve worked out what the problem was and you should now be seeing any new topics you started yesterday - minus any duplicates.

New forums

Despite the technical problems yesterday, some of you had already noticed some of the improvements that have been made to the site. These include general restyling, a post preview button, a ‘like’ button, a restyled ‘My profile’ page (including user post history and improved access to buddies and PMs) and so on. Let us know what you think and keep suggesting ways we can continue to improve ypour experience.

Bump amnesty

Loads of posts didn’t show yesterday but they should be showing on the site now. Feel free to give yours or a friend’s a little ‘bump’ if you’d like to get it disussed today.

Greg [admin]

Hi Greg,

I have posted congratulatory messages in a few places now so I’m probably repeating myself but I am really imrpessed with the changes. I tried to send you a congratulatory message yesterday but kept getting a 403 error message so I am glad to see it is all be working fine today. And glad to hear the duplicated messages that were sent won’t be appearing because I am one who is guilty of trying multiple times to post the same message

I really, really like the new improvements. I also like the new accessibility buttons across the top of the page that let you change the colours of the page to make it easier for people to read depending on their visual preferences. And a preview button at the bottom

Now we just need to get the spell checker working and a few more tweaks listed below and the site will be brilliant. Good stuff!!!

Can we also add an edit button which is time limited so the poster can edit any typos etc that might have slipped through for an hour or so after initially posting?

One more suggestion: WYSIWYG is still not working correctly. If you insert an emoticon and then try to change colour it will only change before the emoticon, not after it. And the text enlarge button doesn’t seem to do much…
I know, I know, I’m so demanding

But otherwise it is a great improvement.

Cheers,

Belinda

Spellchecker!!! YES PLEASE!!!

But before being accused of being a moaner… will say again, LOVE the changes!

Pat x

Thanks for the improvements, really like them.

Hi Greg!

It’s fantastic!!

But I seem to have lost my scrillbar thing on the forum pges! It’s there on the homepage etc but as soon as I click into the forums it disappears!!

Any suggestions??

XJenx