New bladder control medication

Hi all thought I was going to get a date for botox. Now I am being tried on another medication (tried 3 already). Urologist didnt say what it was called but that it was very new and that the initial indications are that it is a big improvement on the others. Anybody know what it is and if it is indeed any good? I hope so after two years of squelching around in pads!

Oh that sounds interesting. Odd that you werent given a name tho.

I`ll have a google.

Hope it works for you…yeh, I know what squelchy pads feel like too!

I have an spc and take oxybutynin. I was getting spasms as I did a poo (TMI?), but they have stopped.

pollx

Me again. Had me google and found it.

It was approved by NHS in June this year.

It is called Betmigo or Mirabegron

It is a tablet taken once a day…dosage amounts weren`t included.

GPs should be cautious about prescribing it for certain groups.

Google it yourself to read more, eh?

pollx

l have just googled it to Poll - and it does seem to work quite differently from the old school of meds -ie Oxybutinin - Detrusitol etc. So as long as you do not have highblood pressure and your kidneys/liver are working well it looks good.

Lets us know how you get on MrB - as l know how awful it is for you to be squelching. lt was my knickname - ‘Squelch’ -some years ago. l had years of this terrible problem before having a SPC - 18yrs ago. - lt doesn’t say it causes drymouth -which was one of the awful side-effects of oxybutin.

Now that looks like we have some ‘Good News’ - that will help so many on here.

Bump - its so interesting and will be good news for so many of us.

Good luck anything is better than squelchy pads

Ellie x

Thanks guys, yes that must be the one he meant. Anybody else starting it on here? Due to pick up prescription next week.

There will be many watching for your ‘report’ on this mrbob. Looks like you are the first to ‘pioneer’ this med on the forum.

Hope it works well for you

I have just started taking Betmigo this morning ! Having read the previous posts yesterday, I 'phoned my GP for a script which he sent to my pharmacist who delivered it last night ! I suffer from urgency which is very restricting. I’ll let you know if it helps. John

I have just started taking Betmigo this morning ! Having read the previous posts yesterday, I 'phoned my GP for a script which he sent to my pharmacist who delivered it last night ! I suffer from urgency which is very restricting. I’ll let you know if it helps. John

Sorry ! I’ve triple posted for some reason.

johnj The triple post - to be sure - to be sure - to be sure!!!

On a serious note - do let us know how you get on with the new med. You probably have to give it a couple of weeks to work properly - and side effects - if any -to settle down.