Neurologist

Hi

I had my neurology appointment today. He said he couldn’t find anything wrong with me but sending me for a MRI and eye thing evoke something maybe sorry I have a bad memory just to make sure.

My question is this did anyone pass there neurology appointment with them not finding anything then have something show up on MRI? He does not think I have MS. He seemed to imply there was nothing wrong with me. Which makes me think how can I be getting all these problems and there nothing wrong, I can’t see I am imagining it?!? He wasn’t the nicest and made me feel as if I was wasting his time/stupid.

I didn’t even ask how long I would have to wait for tests as just wanted to get out of there.

Thanks in advance.

When I was first seen everything was normal, physical and blood tests. Was diagnosed with LP and MRI. It’s not fair if you were made to feel like you weren’t believed and were rushed. I guess waiting times will be different in all hospitals. Just hang in there and don’t jump to conclusions with what you think is wrong!

Thanks for the reply.

I guess like you say, I will just have to wait for tests and see if anything shows up.

Hopefully I have not got to wait too long…

I think even my husband now thinks it’s all in my head :-(. Although he has not said it but he said he is no longer worried.

I really appreciate your reply. X

Oh its just awful when you feel so ill and feel that no-one believes you! Even my mother thinks I am just lazy! arrgh

My physical examination was essentially normal, apart from some slight decreased pinprick sensation in leg. I don’t think the neuro really suspected anything but luckily ordered an MRI.

I am not diagnosed with anything yet (apart from fibromyalgia) but my MRI has shown numerous lesions, not sure what is going on yet. Just had lumbar puncture and visual evoked potentials and awaiting results.

I didn’t even have pinpricks in my legs. He just tested reflexes, had me touch his finger and my nose close my eyes and stick my tongue out and say argh. Then push and pull his hands and push up against his hands with my legs. He did something to my belly too.

That’s it it visual evoked potentials test I am booked in for that and MRI.

Nice to know other people are in or have been in my boat. Sorry to hear no one believes you either Old worn out woman. Hope they get to the bottom of what’s causing all your problems soon. Let us know when you get your answers.

Thanks for the reply it means a lot. X

Hello

I was the same as you and mri was normal. Still have symptoms , but they have lessened since normal mri, don’t even think of ms much now.

xBest of luck with answers

Thanks for your reply highandlowx. I guess I will just have to wait and see…I really don’t want it to be MS, my mum had MS so have seen what it can do. I just want answers and hoping I am not imagining all my symptoms.

Will keep you all updated.

x

Thanks for your reply highandlowx. I guess I will just have to wait and see…I really don’t want it to be MS, my mum had MS so have seen what it can do. I just want answers and hoping I am not imagining all my symptoms.

Will keep you all updated.

x

Believe me, they don’t send you off for expensive tests if they don’t believe you!

Waiting lists are long and budgets are tight. If they thought you were making things up, or a hypochondriac, you’d get short shrift, and wouldn’t be booked in for tests.

Tina

1 Like

Thanks Tina. Hopefully they will find out what’s going on. X