Neuro tomorrow . . . .

I’ve got my first neuro appointment tomorrow and I’d love some advise about what to ask etc. I haven’t got a clue about what to expect or if there’s anything in particular I should know, say or do Any ideas, advice or experience would be great! Thanks Farley x

Planning to take along a short list of most troublesome symptoms, is there anything else?

Hey, Hoping to be able to offer help. Do you have a dx? I have recently bn dx with RRMS and had 2 previous relapses. Had a few neuro appointments. Tracey

Hi Farley, Hoping to be able to offer help. Do you have a dx? I have recently bn dx with RRMS and had 2 previous relapses. Had a few neuro appointments. Tracey

Hi Tracey No dx yet. My gp suspects ms, hence the referral, but this is my first neuro appointment Farley

Hi Farley, Have you been advised that what you have experienced is currently CIS (Clinically Isolated Syndrome?) Tracey

No. The gp just said he thinks it sounds like ms so would refer me. I’ve had two (possibly three) similar ‘episodes’ in the last couple of years but only went to doc about last one as I had more symptoms that I couldn’t explain away. Wish I’d at least told doc the first time so I could have possibly known what was going on by now but you know how it is, life’s busy, three kids, us mums just don’t get round to taking time to look after ourselves! I haven’t seen anyone else since gp referral Farley

Hello Farley

Not chatted with you before. Had a brief look at your profile, Your symptoms sound neurological to me so hopefully neuro will arrange for you to have an MRI scan. Not that I’m an expert lol

Taking a list with you is an excellent idea. Don’t give the list to neuro though, you read through the list yourself. Just try and stay calm and say everything you want. Don’t allow yourself to be rushed.

He may do a routine exam…checking your reflexes…asking you to follow his finger…walk an imaginary line its nothing to worry about.

If your gp is thinking ms, that is what he will have written in referral letter to neuro.

I hope your taking someone with you…its always good to have moral support. Either way, I’m sure you’ll be just fine.

Good luck, let us know how you get on

I’m off to bed now

Thanks blossom, that was really helpful I’ve just got back and I think it went ok but not sure if I told him about my cognitive problems. Either way he’s not particularly concerned especially as I’m so much better now but he is sending me for an mri so I’ll just have to wait and see what that comes up with . . . Thanks again Farley

Thanks blossom, that was really helpfulI’ve just got back and I think it went ok but not sure if I told him about my cognitive problems.Either way he’s not particularly concerned especially as I’m so much better now but he is sending me for an mri so I’ll just have to wait and see what that comes up with . . .Thanks againFarley

Apologies for not responding sooner. Busy few days. Glad to hear all went well with your app. Take care and good luck with MRI. Tracey