Neuro psychologist- What to expect.

ha ha ha ha good one!

Glad it went well and you’re not being labelled a nutcase (many apologies to all nutcases but my sensitivity word filter doesn’t work) xxx

Hi Nikki

Really pleased it went well for you. LOL at being locked up for the remainer of the school holidays too!

Neuro must now take notice!

Wishing you lots of luck on the next lap towards diagnosis

Pxx

Glad this went well Nikki. The neuro better start taking notice now. Let’s hope you’ll start getting somewhere now. Teresa xx

Thanks. I’m not sure where I go from here though. I spoke to my eppy nurse this morning and she said just wait for the report to come but it could be another month since the psych is on holiday. Feel more in limbo than ever now :frowning:

As you know Nikki - this limbo business is one massive waiting game that just doesn’t get any easier. If you can keep taking it day-by-day and not think too far ahead, you’ll get through it. Last year all I seemed to do was wait for the post to arrive and wait and then wait some more. There is an end to it and you will get there. Thinking of you, Teresa xx

Hi glad your appointment went well. Mine left me feeling pretty fed up because it was not cognitive studies just asking me my intentions were if all my results come back clear! I turned it around and asked him the same question. Then he followed with questions about depression or anxiety in the family…fine but no. I have been admitted to hospital twice since January and have had periods when I couldn’t walk, had symptoms of vertigo, blurred vision and tremours all which have been witnessed in hospital and by family at home. Unfortunately, I think he thought I was a couch potatoe when I tried to explain the fatigue and didn’t seem to have very much understanding of MS…if that’s what got. I have never been off work sick, ride motorbikes, like to abseil and climb mountains…couch potatoe???

Hi glad your appointment went well. Mine left me feeling pretty fed up because it was not cognitive studies just asking me my intentions were if all my results come back clear! I turned it around and asked him the same question. Then he followed with questions about depression or anxiety in the family…fine but no. I have been admitted to hospital twice since January and have had periods when I couldn’t walk, had symptoms of vertigo, blurred vision and tremours all which have been witnessed in hospital and by family at home. Unfortunately, I think he thought I was a couch potatoe when I tried to explain the fatigue and didn’t seem to have very much understanding of MS…if that’s what I’ve got. I have never been off work sick, ride motorbikes, like to abseil and climb mountains…couch potatoe??? I have to see home again on 25th September so that I can take his report to the Neuro on 28 th. Ho hum…more limbo…I thik there should be an Olympic Medal for it!!

Blimey Kirstie that’s dreadful! Can just imagine you up a mountain, getting anxious about the closing weather and becoming unable to walk down again - dreadful scenario - lol - I have become rather facetious and sarcastic towards the whole ‘depression’ thing when we are obviously active, chirpy people only suffering because of our stupid bodies.

Can I have a limbo medal too please?

Dxx

here here. I will jump through whatever hoops ( if my body would let me!) to get where I need to get because no matter what they say, there is something physically wrong and it’s not in my head! So although I got up bit wobbly this morning the steroids and beta blockers are definitely helping. So medals all round don’t you think xxx

Kirstie Thats how I feel. I used to walk at least 7 miles a day as well as running round after the kids and fitting in a job. Now I struggle to get to the top of the stairs.

I’m feeling quite low today, have been badly let down by people I thought were mates then knowing I have at least 4 weeks before anything else happens is getting to me.

Hi Nikkinakkinoo, even if you are feeling let down by friends I can’t tell you how supportive the people on this forum are. I think the fatigue is a total killer but I do try and set myself little tasks, just to keep my sanity…I repotted a pot plant today! Stairs are an issue for me too and the waiting game is soooo hard. I try to stay upbeat as much as possible but it feels like this illness has taken away all the things I enjoy like motorbikes, walks, reading and I love having a boogey which I couln’t even contemplate at the moment…I would probably be admitted!! I also have desperate days when I just cry, normally when the tremors are bad but normally I fell like its a bit of a release then, so maybe a curl up with someone you care about and have a good boo, it might help. It’s nothing to be ashamed of if you can’t stay positive all the time so don’t be too hard on yourself. Xxx

Hi Nikki xxx glad it went well for you - not glad you had to flipping endure it in the first place though!!

Time will go by much quicker than you think xx chin up chick xxxxx