Nettle sting???

Hello, just wondered if anyone else sufferers with the tingly feelings, Like menthol or day old nettle sting feeling? I have it quite bad at the moment, my arms and face and lips particuly left side its so weird i had it before but today seems especially bad in fact lips like iv’e eaten very hot chilli.

I hope everyone is well.

Michelle x

1 Like

Nope not me. I get that chilli burn when I eat chillies or I would if I ate them that’s another delight I doubt I will encounter again

Still I have discovered so many new indigestion remedies it almost makes up for the fact I avoid some food stuffs.

Is it a form of neuralgia? Temperature dependant or eased by medication? One for the GP or MS nurse me thinks.

Have a good weekend. Xxx Don​

1 Like

Hi Michelle,

I get get a lot of strange skin problems some of which are similar to the type you describe. I’ve tried endless things to see if I can relieve it but the only thing, as yet, that I’ve found to help is Lanacane cream, from boots, it has anaesthetic properties and will just numb the area for a while. It is nerve endings causing the problem. Neither my nurse, neuro or GP have ever given me anything that works as well as Lanacane cream.

Hope that’s of some use Michelle,

Nina x

1 Like

Prickly heat, mine acts up when the temperature rises, ‘Aqueous cream’ that does help with the lip problemHave a good weekend. M

1 Like

Hi Michelle, sounds very MS to me.

I get the nettle sting around my ankles… not nice & I do feel sorry for you having it on your face.

Hope the creams recommended above help.

Pat xx

Thanks everyone

Nettle sting feeling been very bad today, but also pain in right arm from the shoulder to fingers, it hurt a lot in the night feels badly bruised, it makes a change from the weak jelly feeling thats’ been slightly better I will try the creams the stinging is a similar feeling to sun burn but it seems to be the most severe on my arms and face, i’m not sunburnt i was very careful in the sun and wore a thin coat

Michelle x

1 Like

Hi Michelle. I don’t get the stinging you describe but get strange skin sensations like burning, numbness, tingling, feeling as though I’ve been scalded, or a feeling like hundreds of ants are crawling over me. It’s all just the nerves playing up, a form of parasthesia. I can relate to the muscles feeling bruised though, that I get a lot.

It’s a strange illness with some really bizarre symptoms. I suppose on a positive note life is never boring!

Take care.

Cath x

1 Like

Hi Michelle, I get this. I call it the ‘brillo pad effect’! Its horrid. I get the cold, menthol, numb thing in my legs and the brillo pad effect in my arms. The latter makes my clothes feel really scratchy on my skin

1 Like

Thanks Londongirl,

Glad to have fellow sufferers makes me feel less weird!

Michelle x

1 Like

Heather has got shingles at the moment and she described tat as thousands of pins pricking her and very painful, she is actually taking painkillers which is unheard of.

1 Like

I forgot to say I fell in some nettles fifty years ago and when I am stressed I get the sensation of it all over again for a short while .

Don

1 Like