Music (not MS)

After the MS Tissue Bank have had a fiddle,my remnants will be going through the doors to AC/DC Highway to Hell…LOUD

Wb x <(L)>

Derek, I really hope that’s true. It’s too good a story! I bet someone got a rollicking if it was :slight_smile:

Helen, I may have to pinch the Anne Robinson idea!!

Woblyboy…that’s going out in style!!

X

Athough I am going to the sound of Queen’s “Another one bites the dust” the other half wants Bob Dylan’s “Knocking on heaven’s door” (whether they let him in or not is another matter!!!). My Dad had “Gone fishing” at his funeral.

Dinks

My kids have been told to play "Highway to hell " at my funeral

HI,

How about ‘Blame it on the alcohol’ by Jamie Fox [very appropriate for me] or ‘Going Underground’ by the Jam???

Helen

For my mums funeral no one was allowed to wear black it had to be bright colours. The song that was played at her funeral was let it be by the Beatles - not an unusually strange song but the twist is that my dads mother was called Mary and my mum used to call her mother Mary - well 3 weeks after my mums funeral my gran died (mother Mary). If you know the words to let it be that will make sense

Not thats its applicable to either a wedding or a funeral but I found a beautiful piece of music recently called - Will You Follow Me by Rob Dougan.

I’d never heard of him before but you should be able to find it on Youtube. Its gorgeous.

JBK x

JBK another beautiful song is by Jenn Bostic called ‘Jealous of the Angels’. I only discovered it this last week when someone I know who has just lost her father, posted it on facebook. It had me in floods of tears (so not really a good choice for a ringtone!)

X

Just bumping this up, hubby is at a wedding now (toastmaster) DJ was just running through the playlist, 1st dance to ‘Me and Mrs Jones’, not sure whether it was the DJ, who thought he was being clever…or the new Mr&Mrs Jones choice, either way completely inappropriate! lol

I was at a wedding a couple of years and the grooms surname was Dale, his brides first name was…Emma.

Not sure I’d have been able to resist the theme tune at some point! lol

I know a girl called Rose and when she got married she was called Rose Bushell. Honest cross my heart. I so would have changed my name, she obviously loved him.

Was at my Uncles funeral a couple of weeks ago and everyone left, at his request, with a smile on their faces as “Staying Alive” by the BG’s was blasted out. It made the whole ordeal more of a lighter affair which is exactly what he would have wanted. Personally I am planning to have the ending song from the movie Mermaids - “If you want to be happy for the rest of your life never make a pretty woman your wife, so from a personal point of view get an ugly girl to marry you”. Not sure how it will go down with my ex wife but am pretty sure I won’t care. Gary

Lol. I think I’d have slipped it in somehow. Have web access and switch on the i-player maybe, just for the theme tune :slight_smile:

x

Talking of strange names. My first day at work was amusing. I wandered down the corridor looking at names on the doors and thought someone was having a laugh as I came across Hazel Knutt and Arthur Lemon in adjoining offices! Honestly it is one of the few things I haven’t forgotten. I seem to be able to retain useless bits of information but anything else of any use vanishes.

Oooh hadn’t realised we had got to a 2nd page now my comment looks completely out of place!!! I was on about the Emmerdale tune :slight_smile:

Rose Bushell sounds such a happy name :slight_smile:

We had our friends funeral yesterday and the daughter had arranged for ‘Jealous of the Angels’. So glad I had listened to it before otherwise I think I would have been a wreck. Still a very beautiful song though!

x

Dinks, I love seeing books with really apt author names. It started in high school in a history lesson where we had a book given to us. It was called ‘Monks and Monastries’ by A. Nunn! :slight_smile:

Just remembered the two docs at dermatology (when you had to have screening for tysabri) Doctor Tan and Doctor Byrne, couldn’t quite believe it!..made the two hour wait more entertaining anyway

Completely off topic - my son was waiting at dermatology for his appointment when an old lady turned up and announced to the receptionist that she was there for her autopsy!! The receptionist said, “I don’t think you are! I think you mean biopsy?”

Tracey