MS, numbness and reflexology

I’m sure this is a topic that’s already been discussed, but wondering if anyone else has found they benefit from reflexology. I’ve been going regularly since way before my diagnosis (and onset of symptoms) but continued afterwards despite the numbness and sensitivity I often now have in my feet. I wasn’t sure how I’d react to this especially when they feel too painful to be touched, however this hasn’t been an issue. Every session without a doubt sends me to my ‘happy place’ and I purposely book evening appointments in the week, as my brain is often on overload after a day as a busy reception teacher :slight_smile: it’s amazing to simply be able to ‘switch off’, even though every time I go I think I won’t be able to.

I’ve found it helps relax me in a way I never thought possible and certainly believe it’s had such a positive effect on my wellbeing and mindset. Of course it can’t work miracles but I kind of think that if I can have a healthy ‘mind’ it helps me to be more positive about my crazy unpredictable body and all the uncertainty that MS brings.

I wanted to post this in case anyone has been thinking of it and is unsure…it may be worth a try as it might work as well for you as it does me. I know many reflexologists are also mobile so can overcome travel/mobility issues etc.

xx