I don’t usually tell people I’ve been diagnosed with Ms I’ve always thought it was my business, I’m a private person. Now I’m single again ( after many years) and I’ve reliased I still want to feel attractive to others too. Concern maybe others won’t think so if they know. I also have no idea how I’m going to meet someone and find love again. Anyone with someone positive stories or advice. ONLY POSITIVE messages please.
I had known my now wife about 3 months when she was diagnosed. The day she found out we went out for a drink with friends, and ended up talking all night as she needed an ear. Not long afterwards we started dating, and that was almost 25 years ago
It probably helps she was really hot and I was batting well above my weight
I have PPMS. I lost my husband several years ago and found myself very lonely so decided to try online dating declaring in my details that I had ms. On the second date I told the man that I went out with to my great embarrassment that I had an indwelling catheter and peed into a leg bag. That was my biggest worry. He took it in his stride. We have now been married for over three years.
One of the biggest and attractive traits for me is HONESTY and STRENGTH. Prior to my own MS diagnosis if I met a lady who told me that she had MS but was owning the situation then I don’t think that there would be a problem. I wouldn’t want to interfere in her MS but would be on standby to support her.
If she was a bit of a wet tea bag and very very needy then I would probably keep looking for something else. But that is just me. Must be the years of being married to a nurse! and getting my backside kicked from time to time.
thanks it good to hear of a good story and give me hope for the future
thanks, for giving me hope for the future
Me too,to the point of thinking that I think that I’m going to set up a dating agency within the MS Community, I’m going to ask the Whole forum, but do You think it’s a good idea? Sorry! but thought I’d ask a like-minded person.
Yes sure
… Why not.
It has to be better than some of the other online wild west cattle market dating sites that I’ve heard about. The local MS group meetings sound great but, there’s probably some folk out there that are a bit shy for that so, a more quiet 1-2-1 type thing may work well. It doesn’t have to be an overt hook up thing. Dressing up nice for a date and a little fun flirting may well help some to reconnect with their good times before MS came along and, give a nice mood boost and, neither participant would need to be thinking about how to mention their condition or disabilities ![]()
![]()
Who knows, in a few months you could be the new Cilla Black - looking to buy a new hat ![]()
Jon x
Thank you for your reply. Agreed with all you said. I’ve just come off the cattle market, and met some lovely Freaks! There must be a better way especially for those of us with a ‘little extra’ to bring to the party… A
I think you can absolutely feel attractive and find love again without sharing everything right away. I’ve found Tinder helpful for meeting people at your own pace, and the site also explains things like profiles, account features, subscriptions and matching, which made starting again feel easier.
I’m sorry to be so pretentious here but, in my view, I prefer to think of it as letting love find you (also, speaking as a single MS person, the idea of having to add the dating pool to a lengthy to-do list feels exhausting)
that said, if things are managed, there is no reason why MS should make you feel anything other than attractive and fun and full of life, and enough for a good partner. and no reason why it should stop you getting out there, meeting people, and having fun. whether to disclose those little letters or not is obviously at each person’s discretion.. for the right person, it won’t be a problem