MRI Tomorrow

The hospital just rang, MRI is tomorrow morning at 8.20am.

As it was my birthday on Wednesday and my youngest daughter is 5 next Wednesday we have a picnic planned for the afternoon. I shall probably float through it now as I have valium to take before the MRI to keep me calm.

On one hand I am still unnerved this is all happening so fast and on the other I am glad I don’t have much time to worry. My consultant will be back from holiday a week on Monday so I am also hoping I won’t have to wait too long to hear the results.

I am not really talking to my friends much about all this so thought I’d share with you lovely people.

Am I allowed a stiff drink tonight or is that a bad idea?

Good luck with your MRI. I’m waiting for a phone call to let me know when mIne is but the neuro thinks its rrms. I was considering a stiff drink tonight myself!! x

I hope yours comes through quickly too :slight_smile:

Good luck with it tomorrow. Yes a stiff drink… but don’t get drunk as I think it would be pretty rough being in scanner with hangover!

Hope you get the results soon and all goes well.

Pat x

Yes I imagine that would be pretty awful.

My 6 year old had a MRI a month ago and she was totally unbothered but did say it was loud.

The brain haem has left me with very little tolerance for noise (there is a name for it but I can’t say it never mind spell it!) so I imagine this will be a bit of a test all round.

I may visit the Krispy Kreme counter of tescos after if I behave myself

Good luck for tmw I’m sure u will be ok Sam xx

Good Luck for tomorrow. I’m sure the Valium will enable you to float through it! Teresa xx

Good luck FeeHutch,

I’d defo have a few drinks - just to mellow you out :slight_smile:

Reemz

X

I am more mellow.

Also, I have had a cornetto :smiley:

Ask for earplugs AND headphones to try and keep the noise down. They should have both available. Make sure and rub the earplugs between your fingers to get them really thin before you put them in your ears (where they’ll expand).

I hope it goes well :slight_smile:

Karen x

Hope all goes well, try and think postitive and yes have a drink or 2!

Hope all goes well, try and think postitive and yes have a drink or 2!

Well it is done and I also surivied an afgernoon in the park at a joint birthday picnic with my daughter.

I am exhuasted now. I had to laugh that someone bought me the film Hilary & Jackie, it was on my amazon wishlist and has been for sometime but when I unwrapped it I remembered one of the main characters has MS.

Ah well more family visiting tomorrow and hopefully my consultant will be in touch in the next week or 2 to give me the verdict.

Thanks for all your messages x